Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley to UConn

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Trilly indicating Self is trying to pull some “gangster ****”. I imagine the timing of this tweet corresponds with my post above. 

It's along the lines of the smiley emojis Rabjohns was eliciting earlier this month about IU. Self is moving on Harper, and has Queen and McNeeley in this weekend.

But we will have officials with those three also. We seem to be doing just fine in getting our share. Including when Self is involved.

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Self must have REALLY wanted Mgbako. Seems like he's holding a grudge because he lost at his own game. 

Holding a grudge because he is actively pursuing top 20 2024 players, including some that we're also interested in? Not sure I understand that one.

As Self (accurately) said, if a coach is hearing yes more than no from players he's recruiting he's doing something wrong. Self is a slick, shady guy, but I've never thought of him as a resentful, whining, or sour grapes guy.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Ya know., it’s completely ok to say, “I haven’t watched McNeeley play, but if Coach wants him than I do.” But instead, it’s he’s a 6’8” white kid who can make jump shots, so he’s Gradey Dick. Jesus

Then Woody points at MM and tells LM, that can be you next year. 

2 hours ago, J34 said:

Then Woody points at MM and tells LM, that can be you next year. 

I’m sure that’s true. But the staff has spent so much time on this kid that I’m confident they see the value he places in playing as a facilitator. Imagine they would spend a lot time selling him on frequently being the primary in their ball screen actions. So they’ll no doubt show him a lot of JHS tape. If KU’s emphasis is running him off ball screens as a catch and shoot guy, even a high usage one, I doubt that’s a winning pitch. 

KU puts shockingly little effort into these things. Mgbako’s and Bidunga’s were no better. But I suppose if you can just hand a kid NC trophy that’s probably good enough. 
BTW: For anyone not aware, that’s McNeeley’s Mom. 

His uncle saying on Twitter he really wants a team/coach that can get him a final 4 or win a national championship. Kansas is going to be tough to beat. This could turn out to be the TJ Power like recruitment of 2024. Let’s hope we can sell him a final 4 type roster.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

23 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

His uncle saying on Twitter he really wants a team/coach that can get him a final 4 or win a national championship. Kansas is going to be tough to beat. This could turn out to be the TJ Power like recruitment of 2024. Let’s hope we can sell him a final 4 type roster.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Got a link?