Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

Duarte can play the 3. Brogdon and Hield won't make it past the draft. 

Ok. If your prediction comes true, then ya, they could do that. I don't know why they'd trade Buddy Hield then draft Jaden Ivey. They're strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Only key difference is Ivey's explosiveness, but he's no Morant. Buddy is already one of the most lethal shooters in the NBA. Trading Hield would be a cap move to sign a bonafide starter.

Ivey's better off on a team like OKC alongside SGA and Giddey. Orlando would work too but they'll probably get the pick of Chet or Jabari. TBH, I think it'd be really sick to see him NOLA with CJ, Ingram and a healthy Zion.

Edit: just realized NOLA traded their 1st rd pick, so nevermind about that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Ok. If your prediction comes true, then ya, they could do that. I don't know why they'd trade Buddy Hield then draft Jaden Ivey. They're strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Only key difference is Ivey's explosiveness, but he's no Morant. Buddy is already one of the most lethal shooters in the NBA. Trading Hield would be a cap move to sign a bonafide starter.

Ivey's better off on a team like OKC alongside SGA and Giddey. Orlando would work too but they'll probably get the pick of Chet or Jabari. TBH, I think it'd be really sick to see him NOLA with CJ, Ingram and a healthy Zion.

Edit: just realized NOLA traded their 1st rd pick, so nevermind about that.

Well for starters, Ivey is 20 and Hield is 29 right now. Ivey is a much more explosive athlete that would pair very well with Haliburton in the open court. Hield is a terrible defender so the bar is pretty low there for Ivey. Hield is a good shooter but Ivey will have plenty of time to work on his craft. 

Well for starters, Ivey is 20 and Hield is 29 right now. Ivey is a much more explosive athlete that would pair very well with Haliburton in the open court. Hield is a terrible defender so the bar is pretty low there for Ivey. Hield is a good shooter but Ivey will have plenty of time to work on his craft. 

Lol, I know of the age difference. Pacers are looking to contribute next season. The front office is not one to go for a long term rebuild. Back to back years out the playoffs would be a surprise. So I don't consider their age to be a big factor. If they trade two $20+ Mil contracts, they are DEFINITELY gonna bring in another legit starter via free agency. Hell, they might even pack in that lotto pick. But I think it's more likely they draft a defensive 3/4.

Ivey not ready to contribute for a team with playoff hopes. He's going to a rebuilding franchise.

28 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Lol, I know of the age difference. Pacers are looking to contribute next season. The front office is not one to go for a long term rebuild. Back to back years out the playoffs would be a surprise. So I don't consider their age to be a big factor. If they trade two $20+ Mil contracts, they are DEFINITELY gonna bring in another legit starter via free agency. Hell, they might even pack in that lotto pick. But I think it's more likely they draft a defensive 3/4.

Ivey not ready to contribute for a team with playoff hopes. He's going to a rebuilding franchise.

If they were looking to compete next season, then you would hear of them trying to trade their pick. Instead, they are ready to move Brogdon(who they never should have signed) and will trade Hield to some contender who wants to spend that money. TJ Warren will walk. They will have plenty of draft picks by the time the draft comes up. They'll hopefully have a Top 5 pick and where will depend who they take. Looks like Smith, Chet, Banchero and Ivey are the most likely Top 4 and definite Top 5 picks. So that's who the Pacers will focus on. Because the build isn't for next season and Hield and Brogdon don't help them next season anyways. They just take up cap space. Pacers are looking to get younger and more athletic. Specifically, Carlisle who seems to be making more decisions than Pritchard thankfully. 

18 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Houston was 8th in POM offensive efficiency for the year.  Any team will struggle to win if nobody can hit a jumper.

Teams occasionally get weird rankings, especially those that play in smaller confs and have better athletes. Sampson’s offense sucks. They wouldn’t have scored 40 yesterday if they didn’t crash the o boards. 

17 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

In Wrights first 12 seasons from the 2001-2002 to the 2012-2013 season Nova finished: 5th, T-3rd, 11th, T-3rd, T-1st, 7th, T-8th, 4th, T-2nd, T-9th, T-13th, T-9th. 

In those 12 seasons Novas tourney finishes: NIT Quarters, NIT 1st, NIT Semis, Sweet 16, Elite 8, 1st Round, Sweet 16, Final Four, 2nd Round, 1st Round, Didn't make a tourney, 1st Round.

Now since the breaking up of the Big East... From 2013-2014 to this year...

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, T-1st, 1st, 2nd

2nd Round, 2nd Round, Natl Champs, 2nd Round, Natl Champs, 2nd Round, Toourney Cancelled, Sweet 16, and now at least a Final Four. 

What’s your thesis? That he inherited some mystical powers from the conf breaking up?  

I said it got easier to win. That coincided with a young coach building his powerhouse program. I think you’re confusing a simple correlation with some sort of causation. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

What’s your thesis? That he inherited some mystical powers from the conf breaking up?  

I said it got easier to win. That coincided with a young coach building his powerhouse program. I think you’re confusing a simple correlation with some sort of causation. 

Something clearly happened that did in fact correlate with the breaking up of the Big East. I think it is just the confidence of winning and the elite winning culture that was built when the schools above them left. 

35 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

UNC is a lot more athletic and explosive than Purdue or Murray State. I could see this getting out of hand by halftime. 

Stick a fork in the Peacocks…they’re done!

A65B3D3A-FFAA-4EC0-B787-49EA12157DBD.jpeg

I HATE saying this because I enjoyed St. Peter's beating our two biggest rivals. That being said, this is why I don't like too many upsets. St. Peter's is a great story. They earned it. Sometimes these Cinderella stories win because they had favorable matchups or other upsets (Loyola beat a 7 and a 9 seed to get to the Final 4). They beat UK and Purdue. But zero chance they would win the National Championship. You knew either UNC or eventually Duke would wipe the floor with them. Had it been anyone else I probably would've been upset they won in the Sweet 16. Purdue-UNC would have been a much much better game. As a fan, I want the best games/matchups. But that's the beauty of March. That being said, this is the most wide open Final 4 I can remember. 

Rothstein - Villanova's Justin Moore has suffered a torn achilles tendon and is out indefinitely, per release.

Lasley  - Former #iubb guard Al Durham named to the Midwest Region All-Tournament Team. Averaged 15.6 pts, 6.3 rbs and 4.3 ast per game in three games.