Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For 2023?

Highest Priority

• Booker
  • Page (if he isn't dinged and plays)
  • Kaiser
  • DHS
  • Queen if he's serious about a reclass

• Maybe an outlier like Adewale or Orme
  • Starting to feel like Stoyakovich, Carr and Power not so much

Anyone have a different take?

Agree with most of this. Did you leave Power in the "not so much" category because he likely isn't that interested in us? We have been at a lot of his games lately. 

Just now, BtownStrength said:

Agree with most of this. Did you leave Power in the "not so much" category because he likely isn't that interested in us? We have been at a lot of his games lately. 

I dunno - seems like Iowa, UVA, and ND have been on him way longer, and he now has Duke, Kansas, UNC offers too. Does not feel like momentum is on our side at all.

I believe Booker's team is playing in Milwaukee so interesting to learn just who from the staff goes to Milwaukee.  Page, Carr, Power and DHS playing in the Peach Jam as is Sam Orme who's demonstrated a pretty good 3-pt proficiency (38-89) for 43%.  There aren't any organized Adidas or UA events scheduled so no idea where Kaiser, Adewale and Stoyakovic are playing.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I dunno - seems like Iowa, UVA, and ND have been on him way longer, and he now has Duke, Kansas, UNC offers too. Does not feel like momentum is on our side at all.

Yeah now that you mention it, we do seem like we ate stuck in the middle ground. Not super early like we were with Page, but not the new wave after the blow up like Duke and UCLA. 

One thing with Power: From the time he was offered we’ve always sort of lumped him into the Booker/Page/Queen tier of bigs. Now that I’ve watched him several times, that’s really not right. He’s a perimeter-oriented combo forward sort of in the vein of Kaleb Banks. I’m not sure he holds up defensively and on the boards in the Big 10 as a full-time 4, though he is a pretty good rebounder. He would be highly switchable because of his size and feet, but more traditional post guys would hammer him pretty good. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

One thing with Power: From the time he was offered we’ve always sort of lumped him into the Booker/Page/Queen tier of bigs. Now that I’ve watched him several times, that’s really not right. He’s a perimeter-oriented combo forward sort of in the vein of Kaleb Banks. I’m not sure he holds up defensively and on the boards in the Big 10 as a full-time 4, though he is a pretty good rebounder. He would be highly switchable because of his size and feet, but more traditional post guys would hammer him pretty good. 

Would you say other options for shooters fit better into Woodson's scheme? (Booker, Kaiser)

31 minutes ago, JustWinWoody said:

I haven't been tracking close enough to know, but is the push for Page a sign we are backing off Booker?  

No. Imagine we'd gleefully take them both and consider whoever we got for the fifth spot gravy. Power too.

I would think the dream class would be Cupps, Newton, two of Booker, Page, or Power, and either Kaiser or DHS.

A pipedream? Maybe yes; but that would be a serious haul.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Per Rabby, IU is currently 4 deep for TJ Power.

Just realized Power was playing against Arrinten Page’s team w/out Page. That’s a shame. It would have been interesting to see Power against a fairly traditional, but very athletic, big.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Power and BABC overwhelmed the TSF squad playing without Arrinten Page 77-47.  Power 16p on 5-11 FG; 2-6 on 3s; 4-4 FT; 9r.

TSF was one. of the elite teams in the 1st 2 sessions. But now, with no Isaiah Collier and no Page, they are cannon fodder.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No. Imagine we'd gleefully take them both and consider whoever we got for the fifth spot gravy. Power too.

I would think the dream class would be Cupps, Newton, two of Booker, Page, or Power, and either Kaiser or DHS.

A pipedream? Maybe yes; but that would be a serious haul.

We will likely be filling 5 or 6 spots, so why not?

Trayce, Race, Kopp, XJ, and a player or 2 to be named.

The nice thing imo about the transfer portal is you don't have to take a Priller type because you whiffed on 20 gazillion recruiting offers.  Offer those that are good enough.  If you whiff too much, get a player on the backend as needed.  

Also, probably the best way to replace an unexpected transfer instead of oversigning and Creaning or whatever.  

I think we are safe with a 5 man class for 2023.  And likely bigger.  

Earlier I commented that Adidas and UA didn't have scheduled events this week and that was incorrect.  [My first mistake since I made the last one.]

Adidas is in Seal Beach, CA starting tonight and running through Sunday.

Under Armour is in Bedford Park, IL starting tonight and running through Saturday.  

Recruiting staff will be racking up the air miles with EYBL on the east coast; Adidas on the west coast; UA in IL and the Indie event in Milwaukee.

Jamie Shaw on 15U Caleb Wilson (Alabama Fusion - EYBL)

He just oozes upside and potential. He is the tallest player on his team here, but there are legit ball skills and range. Watch as his body continues to fill out, big upside here. 

Unfortunately, box scores for the 15U games are not being posted.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Raby reports we're 4 deep for DeShawn Harris-Smith.

Andrew Slater reports we're watching 16U Rens (Dylan Harper) vs MoKan.  

Has anyone written about how quickly we got into the thick of the DHS sweepstakes?