Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

(2022) OT Carter Smith to Indiana

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I feel like for IU to take the next step their offensive line recruiting needs to get much better. Glad to have this kid as his offer list was really good. 

He is damn near a 4 star OT, been hearing that he could be one soon

18 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I feel like for IU to take the next step their offensive line recruiting needs to get much better. Glad to have this kid as his offer list was really good. 

Carp, Benson, Smith, and Sales are 4 of the highest rated OL recruits as we've had and they'll all be within a year of each other in eligibility as well. Need Moore to commit. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Carp, Benson, Smith, and Sales are 4 of the highest rated OL recruits as we've had and they'll all be within a year of each other in eligibility as well. Need Moore to commit. 

Oh I definitely feel it has improved over the last 2 cycles. I just feel like it has been a step behind the rest of our recruiting.

But yes, need Moore to commit. 

26 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Oh I definitely feel it has improved over the last 2 cycles. I just feel like it has been a step behind the rest of our recruiting.

But yes, need Moore to commit. 

Oh I'm agreeing with you. I was just building on what you said. 100% our weakest position group is OL and that's not good. 

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh I'm agreeing with you. I was just building on what you said. 100% our weakest position group is OL and that's not good. 

Hiller needs to pick it up this year. The running game seemed to be better under Frey. Hopefully with Deland back we will have a better running game. 

HL tweeted at Carter earlier today
Yes, saw after I posted. Also Brennan Rowe who plays baseball for IU went there. Seems like there is a good connection there. My sons go/went to the school.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

Yes, saw after I posted. Also Brennan Rowe who plays baseball for IU went there. Seems like there is a good connection there. My sons go/went to the school.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. 

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's nice to see the last couple of years IUFB landing 86+ rating OLs.  To piggyback off of you here, I would like to see JUCO commits as well.  Transfers are a plus too! 

The front five is vital to success in my opinion.  I recall CTA mentioning in the past that he'd like to focus on OL recruiting.  Can't remember when he said that but I was in total agreement with him.   

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

It's nice to see the last couple of years IUFB landing 86+ rating OLs.  To piggyback off of you here, I would like to see JUCO commits as well.  Transfers are a plus too! 

The front five is vital to success in my opinion.  I recall CTA mentioning in the past that he'd like to focus on OL recruiting.  Can't remember when he said that but I was in total agreement with him.   

We picked up 2 JUCOs last year (2020 class).. plus hit with Carpenter. Have gotten other grad transfer OL, as well. 

Needs some younger guys to buck up. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

We picked up 2 JUCOs last year (2020 class).. plus hit with Carpenter. Have gotten other grad transfer OL, as well. 

Needs some younger guys to buck up. 

Yeah, saw that. 

Agreed.  Can never have enough front five.  Hopefully our beloved Hoosiers kick butt this season and attract even more down hogs!