Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rico

Chicago Bears

Wow. Stunning, sad development. 

Mongo has ALS -- and is not doing well. I grew up a half-hour from Chicago and was a senior in high school when the Bears won the Super Bowl. My friends and I lived and breathed Da Bears during that era. That roster was laden with iconic characters -- and McMichael was at the top of the list. 

Prayers to him and his family. 

Not sure what to think trading up to get Justin Fields. 

To have him fall to No. 11 wasn't expected -- so there's that. 

Just four years ago, they just signed a free agent QB, then traded up to get a QB and it was a terrible move -- so there's that. 

Ohio State QBs have typically sucked in the NFL -- so there's that. 

But Fields started at Georgia and is not a "full-blooded" OSU QB -- so there's that.

The Bears coulda drafted John Elway or Dan Marino, and probably woulda just screwed them up -- so there's that. 

They traded three draft picks to get Fields, when they possibly coulda stayed at No. 20 and got him, or Mac Jones -- so there's that. 

Oh well -- I need a refill. My beer glass is half-empty. Or is it half-full? 

6 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Sounds like the next coach for Michigan State

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

If what I am hearing is true...the only coaching he is gonna do will have to be done from a prison cell.

4 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

@Rico Fields hasn’t been traded yet.

Maybe they’ll draft Williams and JF will be his mentor

It appears to me that nobody wants him?  Maybe trade him at the draft?  Or keep him until the trade deadline?