Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Player Development Thread

On 2/14/2020 at 9:59 AM, Lebowski said:

Race Thompson's performance last night against Iowa was a delight to watch.  He had that grit and did the small things that translated into complete contribution to the team.  He needs to stay healthy.  

Amen.  Have been waiting for this the injury from the fall a few games ago set him back...but I suspect we are going to like what we see from his effort and athleticism.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/02/24/justin-smitcontinues-to-make-impact-felt-in-penn-state-win/

A week ago I was hard on Justin, especially with the rumors flying around about his attitude. The last two games have shown a Justin who is more willing to do the little things even when he isn't involved offensively. Especially yesterday. 

Credit where it is due, good job Justin. Hopefully there is more to come. 

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/02/24/justin-smitcontinues-to-make-impact-felt-in-penn-state-win/

A week ago I was hard on Justin, especially with the rumors flying around about his attitude. The last two games have shown a Justin who is more willing to do the little things even when he isn't involved offensively. Especially yesterday. 

Credit where it is due, good job Justin. Hopefully there is more to come. 

I don't get this story... For 35 minutes, Smith did next to nothing. He had a few bad turnovers and some point blank misses. Huge coming down the stretch, but in my opinion it was another head-scratching, inconsistent game for a guy who I had high expectations for coming into the season. 

Race was the bigger story. 

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I don't get this story... For 35 minutes, Smith did next to nothing. He had a few bad turnovers and some point blank misses. Huge coming down the stretch, but in my opinion it was another head-scratching, inconsistent game for a guy who I had high expectations for coming into the season. 

Race was the bigger story. 

That's the thing, he doesn't need to do anything offensively, which is what your categorizing as his success. The argument is that he needs to accept his role as a defender and rebounder. Which is exactly what he did this week. AND that is what this article points out. 

Of course Race was the bigger story in that he is progressing like we hoped. But what does that have to do with an article on Justin accepting his role..?

That's the thing, he doesn't need to do anything offensively, which is what your categorizing as his success. The argument is that he needs to accept his role as a defender and rebounder. Which is exactly what he did this week. AND that is what this article points out. 
Of course Race was the bigger story in that he is progressing like we hoped. But what does that have to do with an article on Justin accepting his role..?

So Justin Smith, the guy leading IU in minutes, doesn’t need to do anything on offense? He pretty much disappeared until the last 5 minutes of the game against Penn State. 2 rebounds in the first half. Lamar Stevens had like 30.

I’m not categorizing his offense (or lack thereof) as his success. I’m simply pointing out that he makes boneheaded plays with the ball and misses a lot of easy shots. I want the guy leading my team in minutes to be reliable on both ends of the floor.

I just personally would like to read more about Race. That’s all that comment meant.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So Justin Smith, the guy leading IU in minutes, doesn’t need to do anything on offense? He pretty much disappeared until the last 5 minutes of the game against Penn State. 2 rebounds in the first half. Lamar Stevens had like 30.

I’m not categorizing his offense (or lack thereof) as his success. I’m simply pointing out that he makes boneheaded plays with the ball and misses a lot of easy shots. I want the guy leading my team in minutes to be reliable on both ends of the floor.

I just personally would like to read more about Race. That’s all that comment meant.

Alright I’ll ask you before I post an article next time.