Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

WBB vs O$U 1/10 @ 6 pm (on BTN!)

Of course, one of the few televised games we get, and I have to pick up my wife at the airport :(  

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – No. 25 Indiana begins a two-game road swing on Thursday night when it travels to Ohio State. Tipoff inside Value City Arena is set for 6 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.

#25/RV INDIANA (14-1, 3-0 B1G) AT OHIO STATE (4-8, 0-3 B1G)
Thursday, January 10, 2019 • 6 p.m. ET
Value City Arena • Columbus, Ohio  
Broadcast: BTN (Mike Monaco, Vera Jones)
Radio: WHCC 105.1 FM (Greg Murray)
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

ABOUT THE COACHES

Indiana Ohio State
Teri Moren Kevin McGuff
Career Record: 295-184 (16th Season) Career Record: 382-158 (17th Season)
Indiana Record: 96-54 (5th Season) Ohio State Record: 127-59 (6th Season)

ABOUT THE BUCKEYES
Still searching for their first Big Ten win of the season, the Buckeyes played a tight one with the No. 4 Maryland but fell, 75-69, on Saturday. They are led by freshman forward Dorka Juhasz leads the way averaging 12.1 points and 8.3 rebounds per game. Ohio State is averaging 59.3 points per game as a team while shooting 37.7 percent from the floor and just 29 percent from the 3-point line.

SERIES HISTORY
Ohio State lead series, 57-21

LAST MEETING
1/13/18 - L, 62-77 (Bloomington, IN)

NOTES

• Indiana improved to 3-0 in the Big Ten for the first time in a decade with a 68-64 win over No. 15/17 Michigan State. It marked the first Top 15 win for the program since it defeated No. 4/6 Ohio State on January 31, 2010. They are one of five ranked teams in the Big Ten this week.
  • The win helped IU crack into the Associated Press Top 25 poll on Monday, coming in at No. 25 in the Week 10 poll. It marks just the fifth week in school history the Hoosiers have been in the Associated Press poll and third time under fifth-year head coach Teri Moren. Indiana is also receiving votes in the WBCA/USA Today Coaches Poll, coming in at No. 27 in the other national poll.
  • Redshirt junior guard Ali Patberg was named to the Big Ten Player of the Week honor roll for the third time this season. The Columbus, Ind. native averaged 19.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists in two wins last week.
  • The Hoosiers continue to be one of the league's best free throw shooting teams, shooting 75.7 percent from the charity stripe this season. That's the second-best mark in the Big Ten with redshirt junior forward Brenna Wise leading the way, shooting 91.2 percent at the line.
  • Freshmen Aleksa Gulbe and Grace Berger have stepped up for IU in a big way since entering conference play. While both coming off the bench, Gulbe has added 8.7 points and 3.7 rebounds per contest as she added 9 points in the win over Michigan State. Berger chipped in 10 points last week in the win over Penn State and is averaging 6.0 points and 4.0 rebounds through the first three Big Ten matchups.

UP NEXT
The Hoosiers continue their road swing at Wisconsin on Sunday. Tipoff is set for 3 p.m. ET.

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Of course, one of the few televised games we get, and I have to pick up my wife at the airport :(  

Oh, what's a little cab ride from the airport to Columbus?  C'mon man, get your priorities in order!  :farting_smiley:

Despite O$U record, this will not be an easy game and I hope the women aren't mentally flat after the great win over MSU.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oh, what's a little cab ride from the airport to Columbus?  C'mon man, get your priorities in order!  :farting_smiley:

Despite O$U record, this will not be an easy game and I hope the women aren't mentally flat after the great win over MSU.

Lol, I actually priced an Uber!

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I just got home as the half ended.  Looking at the box score, I see only 13 total fouls called so I'm assuming the refs are letting them play.  Probably start calling everything in the 2nd half - way it usually seems to go.

They aren't playing terrible, just some bad passes, a few forced shots and getting alittle lax on D at times.