Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

#IUBASE - 2018 NCAA Tournament

I've watched thousands of baseball games over the years, yet today I feel like I'm watching a NASCAR race -- one of those where the leader is way ahead, but is quickly running out of fuel. Can he make it to the finish line before hitting empty? ... Can we get through 9 innings without hitting empty? 

Not sure how we turned a 9 run lead into a nail biter but we survive! 

Probably exhausted ourselves since we threw both Beauchamp and Herrin half the game each then Lloyd. Is there any doubt he is arguably best 2 way player in baseball with 3 hits, the HR and the save?

Texas probably massacres Sommer or Saalfrank tonight but we have a 40 win season and are onto Regional Final for just the 3rd time ever and first time away from home (won final regional game in 13 at home that lost that game in 14 on walkoff). Unfortunately NCAA's convoluted formula for determing home field (which i won't attempt to explain) dictates we are home tonight and visitors tomorrow so cant return favor from Stanford in 14 if we win today somehow. 

9pm tonight. Still not sure on TV but i'll be back then even its only streamed online.

Texas Sunday guy who will face us is named Blair Henley and has a decent 3.54 ERA against presumably Sommer or maybe Saalfrank. Not loving our chances but hoping for best. Also Texas led by Roger Clemens' son Kody who hits .344 with 21 HR's. 

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Texas Sunday guy who will face us is named Blair Henley and has a decent 3.54 ERA against presumably Sommer or maybe Saalfrank. Not loving our chances but hoping for best. Also Texas led by Roger Clemens' son Kody who hits .344 with 21 HR's. 

Is Kody hopped up on the juice too?