Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Auburn - 12/3 - 2:00

29 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Live stats not working again- Sidearm Stats being pretty sketch this season :(   IU down 11-4

Thought it was just my connection.  Just came in from what I hope is my last hours of leaf raking.  What's the score and give me a one word summary of the first half please.

35-28 now.  I really don't think I'm ready to move on from Moren.  The transfer/attrition is concerning to me, but we're getting quality players coming in.  Penn will be outstanding, Patberg is great, Berger is another 5 star, Jorie Allen will be a great addition.   

19 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

It ‘s time to move on from Moren. She is awful. Curt Miller’s stellar class was wasted.

I said this a few weeks ago and got jumped on saying it was not true. Look I generally a positive person but also realistic and to me the direction of this program is very questionable. I am not quite on the fire Moren bandwagon quite yet but do worry if we are having this much trouble with Buss and Cahill still on team how we will be in future. Having Patberg, Penn and Berger in future who are very good will probably not offset Buss and Cahill's loss so at best we will probably be on this average level in future and at worst fall to bottom of Big Ten which is possible. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Between IUFB, IUBB, IUWBB, Colts.

Glad for IU soccer, I can at least root for 1 winner.

Pacers aren't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly where I am at and could not agree more. Main reason I have poured so much more time and effort into watching IU Soccer than ever before (although I have always followed fairly closely for most part).  

I said this a few weeks ago and got jumped on saying it was not true. Look I generally a positive person but also realistic and to me the direction of this program is very questionable. I am not quite on the fire Moren bandwagon quite yet but do worry if we are having this much trouble with Buss and Cahill still on team how we will be in future. Having Patberg, Penn and Berger in future who are very good will probably not offset Buss and Cahill's loss so at best we will probably be on this average level in future and at worst fall to bottom of Big Ten which is possible. 

We are getting plenty of quality talent, it's just not staying. That to me is a coaching problem. Elbert was a great get for moren and she sat the bench completely un-utilized. She may be headed to Fresno state..closer to home? Jess walter and larryn brooks are putting up like 20 points per game on their new teams and maura muenstermann is starting and averaging 10 ppg on a better team than iu with a harder schedule. All thriving at other schools when we were made to believe they weren't good enough for IU

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly, I don't get the feeling Moren is going to last much longer here. The transfer rate is alarmingly high and her NCAA tourney year is starting to feel like the outlier. Say what you will about transfers, but Moren just doesn't strike me as someone players enjoy playing for.

I'm glad we have Archie because IU football and women's basketball are just so blah right now.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Honestly, I don't get the feeling Moren is going to last much longer here. The transfer rate is alarmingly high and her NCAA tourney year is starting to feel like the outlier. Say what you will about transfers, but Moren just doesn't strike me as someone players enjoy playing for.

I'm glad we have Archie because IU football and women's basketball are just so blah right now.

And this is what makes what happened with Curt Miller so maddening. The guy is the reigning WNBA Coach of the Year and reportedly, his dream job was IU. I can't help but wonder if we'd be a consistent top 25 program by now if he had stayed. 

And this is what makes what happened with Curt Miller so maddening. The guy is the reigning WNBA Coach of the Year and reportedly, his dream job was IU. I can't help but wonder if we'd be a consistent top 25 program by now if he had stayed. 

We would be top of the B1G every year and go to the tourney..but it just wasn't in the cards for us. I heard fred offered about 6 people ahead of CTM. I know of 4 for certain. He should have appointed an interim until the end of the season and he would have had a bigger pool of good candidates..takes a special kind of person to leave their team in the airport to go coach another about a week before season.

But I'm willing to see how they end this season before I start up the fire CTM Forums lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app