Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

19 hours ago, thebigweave said:

Give them as many as possible for higher priority.

Hit the text function and let them know you've been thinking of them..a lot. If they text you back, you're solid. If not, keep texting then and hope they get back to you..

Haha, honestly, there isn't any way of knowing unless you've got a clear lead. Just keep spending max RPs on them and hope you line up with their preferences most, or change course and hope to find somebody you can make ground up on quickly. I've landed some stellar classes because of breaking ties, and have also had classes in the 200s because of not breaking ties. No one really knows all the eccentricities of the recruiting formula, so there is no real proven science to it besides trying your best to line up with a recruits preferences as best you can.

Alright, just gonna keep on truckin then. We'll see what happens!

From my understanding you can put the PP the same for different recruits. What's the point if you can just put them all at 35 I believe was the highest?

The PPs are for your personal rankings only. Putting more or less on them has no bearing in your recruiting of that player versus other teams, only how you view them personally. Let's say you have 5 clear leads on players, but decide you like players 2, 4, and 5 the best. By putting PPs on those players (who may or may not have more or less RPs than players 1 and 3), you are saying they are more important to you than 1 and 3. This is important when signing day comes, as 1 and 3 will have to defer to 2, 4, and 5 signing with you (if that's how their preferences align) before considering your school.

The teams that seem to do best have height as a common denominator. I am trying to figure out tendencies. Smaller teams with better shooters seem to lose to bigger teams with lesser shooters. The best teams aren't usually the ones with the highest rated classes. My team has rated class of 238/256. Yet I'm 6-6.

I have good height and defense ratings. Bad shooters.

When I see teams underperform ratings it seems like they are small.

Idk. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The teams that seem to do best have height as a common denominator. I am trying to figure out tendencies. Smaller teams with better shooters seem to lose to bigger teams with lesser shooters. The best teams aren't usually the ones with the highest rated classes. My team has rated class of 238/256. Yet I'm 6-6.

I have good height and defense ratings. Bad shooters.

When I see teams underperform ratings it seems like they are small.

Idk. Thoughts?

You are pretty well spot on with that observation so far. My team has good shooters and athleticism, with pretty good rebounding and average defense. However, my tallest players are 6'7, 6'7, and 6'8 with rebounding of F, F, and P to go with F athleticism. We are generally outrebounded by 10+ boards a game, and those are usually offensive boards that opposing teams convert into points. I was pretty excited to start the season, as our composite ranking was 39 and an overall +49 (that has improved to +52 throughout the season). However, with our starters being 5'10 6'4 6'4 6'5 6'7, and limited depth in the size department, we have struggled mightily. With our good athleticism and shooting and lack of height, we have no choice but to speed things up, but can't seem to stop anybody. Definitely feels like IU of last year..

I have no idea where to find that lol

If you hover the recruiting tab, hit class rankings and then find your team. Gives you a composite ranking of all four recruiting classes of every team.

Not having adequate bigs is a death nail. Seems from looking over rosters and records. Skilled small teams don't fair well.

Agreed. I am in the low 50s rank through overall recruiting. Solid skills. I have one 6'10" guy that isn't skilled. I have a ton at 6'7". If I had a few 6'10" guys I would be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not having adequate bigs is a death nail. Seems from looking over rosters and records. Skilled small teams don't fair well.

And is very frustrating, at that. In oDTL, if you had top notch defense and athleticism, you could overcome the lack of height by playing your tactics right. Now, it feels as though height trumps all, regardless of skill.

On recruiting, does the leader in RPs automatically win the recruit at the end of the year (given no ties)?

From my experience, yes. As long as you have offered them a scholly and are the RP, they should commit to your school. I suppose there is always the chance that their preferences line up better with another school that has room for them with lesser RPs that could possibly land them, but I have never seen or heard anyone talk about losing a clear lead before.