Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

I lost to Pap the game before I beat the #1 team.

Recruiting is confusing also. How do you know if your recruiting is working? Does the recruit like my sales pitch or should I move on?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This Friday, they release numbers to indicate where we stand. I think from that info, it'll indicate if we have a shot or not.

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This Friday, they release numbers to indicate where we stand. I think from that info, it'll indicate if we have a shot or not.

Only sort of though, right? The only info you'll have is how many other teams are contributing the most recruiting focus to those players. 

Only sort of though, right? The only info you'll have is how many other teams are contributing the most recruiting focus to those players. 

Formerly, yes, you were only able to see how many teams were close numbers wise. However, it looks like it was tested in the test league and may have possibly made the cut to include which teams were in the running for each player. 258010e5bcaa20b31c3ac70dc980c620.jpg
96ba9f4d84eb5b8416b998193d015dd9.jpg

Ahhh, so the W-3 and W-12 is all teams within 3 and 12 points of the lead, but the Teams displays only the number of teams within 3 and within 12 that the recruit is considering? So you might have W-3 = 5, W-12 = 8, and Teams = 1 (4)

Am I correct @thebigweave ?

Ahhh, so the W-3 and W-12 is all teams within 3 and 12 points of the lead, but the Teams displays only the number of teams within 3 and within 12 that the recruit is considering? So you might have W-3 = 5, W-12 = 8, and Teams = 1 (4)
Am I correct [mention=3911]thebigweave[/mention] ?

Yes, yes, and maybe. W3/W12 had always previously listed the number of teams within 3/12. What I gather from the teams column is that it's actually going to list the teams represented by those numbers, but without indication of preference. However, there isn't anywhere that has actually stated that specifically, and there hasn't been much chatter about on their message boards, either.

Ugh. I was slightly excited about the reveal, thinking maybe I'd get some guys in there that would be sleepers but.....not one single clear lead looks like we're in for a crapshoot, maybe roll the dice on some lesser guys in hopes we don't land all scrubs.

For PP, if you really want a player do you give them 1 as in they're in 1st place or do you give them as much as possible?

Give them as many as possible for higher priority.
How do you know if you're top 3?

Hit the text function and let them know you've been thinking of them..a lot. If they text you back, you're solid. If not, keep texting then and hope they get back to you..

Haha, honestly, there isn't any way of knowing unless you've got a clear lead. Just keep spending max RPs on them and hope you line up with their preferences most, or change course and hope to find somebody you can make ground up on quickly. I've landed some stellar classes because of breaking ties, and have also had classes in the 200s because of not breaking ties. No one really knows all the eccentricities of the recruiting formula, so there is no real proven science to it besides trying your best to line up with a recruits preferences as best you can.