Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

Landed the 35/30 recruiting class. Solid SF/PF height, but need to land a 6’10” guy to really compete. Lost my leading scorer, and wouldn’t have gotten into the NTT if I didn’t win my conference. Definitely not counting on that again. Will need to go for the moderate win preference recruits. 

21 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Recap question? Scholarship offers need out by end of week 1? Do you get a slight bonus by offering during exhibition week though, like a 2 point bonus? Can't remember exactly how this worked.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think we have two weeks for the first “recruiting week”

Exhibition week and Week 1 of the regular season count as the first "recruiting" week, so all bonuses garnered will be available for the first two weeks. I originally thought you had to offer scholarships to gain the bonus RPs, but as long as you spend RPs on a recruit, you will get the bonus RPs for the first time they are spent. The bonus breaks down as such:

Recruiting week 1: 15

Week 2: 13

Week 3: 11

Week 4: 9

Week 5: 7

Week 6: 5

Week 7: 3

Week 8: 1

Couple of thoughts/questions.

Pace- does this correlate most with athleticism? What else do you think factors most here.

Zone/Man to Man/Normal- I never have a clue here. I usually go man to man vs teams that like to shot the 3 or teams I have size advantage over in majority of positions. What are some other thoughts here?

3's. More never seems to work out well, even for good shooting teams. Normal and less seem to have a higher win percentage. Thoughts?

Couple of thoughts/questions.

Pace- does this correlate most with athleticism? What else do you think factors most here.

Zone/Man to Man/Normal- I never have a clue here. I usually go man to man vs teams that like to shot the 3 or teams I have size advantage over in majority of positions. What are some other thoughts here?

3's. More never seems to work out well, even for good shooting teams. Normal and less seem to have a higher win percentage. Thoughts?

I have no answers for you. I have experimented with pace and defense some. Went with a fast pace one game last season against a team that was averaging a lot of turnovers, thinking that a fast pace would turn them over even more. Wrong! Their turnovers went down and mine went up resulting in a loss to a team ranked in the 200’s.

I like to look at the other team’s schedule and see if I can see a pattern of success. Most of the the time I don’t understand why I win or lose though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Woohoo I won my exhibition game. Going big at PG if I can't elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am not amused. Lol

My two big monsters combined for 7 blocks but my go to scorer from last season didn’t show up. I may have to move him back to PG

I am not amused. Lol

My two big monsters combined for 7 blocks but my go to scorer from last season didn’t show up. I may have to move him back to PG

I swear having a good PG is as important as size. I need bigs bad though. I have one at 6'9" and a bunch at 6'7". Luckily I am recruiting some dudes that look good and most important aspect is location in my region. We will see. I am sure I deserve to be fired after this season .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app