Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Last names on jerseys?

Do it. It really doesn't mean anything. Indiana should hang jerseys in the rafters too. As well as jerseys with McCracken and Knight on them. Maybe a sweater vest with Knight on it. Indiana would have several players in the rafters and that'd be really neat. You'd just have to create a check list of things to accomplish to be hung in the rafters. It'd be like immortality at AH. There are plenty of things Indiana can change just to take a step out of the 80's. Names in jerseys aren't a big deal. Alternate jerseys aren't a big deal. Honestly, I wouldn't mind just going to a whole different set of jerseys and retiring what we have now. It is the start of a new era and we should show that. And use the script "Indiana" on the jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

RE: McCracken and Knight- That's what the "museum" entering cook hall is for. IU is a tradition, no need to change anything other than the coach and we did that already. Leave everything else as is.

I do like special occasion jerseys like the Kansas game this past year and our B1G tourney jerseys but not in B1G play. B1G or Non Conference Tourney, ok but not regular conference season or NCAA tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 3/29/2017 at 6:18 PM, Hovadipo said:

There will only ever be one #4 to me.

Great point.

On 3/29/2017 at 6:23 PM, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Clearly you must mean Bracey Wright

Or Lyndon Jones?

Out of curiosity......is there some sort of rule against an IU player wearing an accessory? i.e. a headband or arm sleeve? I for some reason remember hearing that Knight said unless it was necessary for health reasons he wouldn't allow any of it. If this is still a rule I say get rid of it. Just silly to not let them wear these type of things.

Out of curiosity......is there some sort of rule against an IU player wearing an accessory? i.e. a headband or arm sleeve? I for some reason remember hearing that Knight said unless it was necessary for health reasons he wouldn't allow any of it. If this is still a rule I say get rid of it. Just silly to not let them wear these type of things.

Off the rop of my head...Bracey Wright and Patrick Ewing Jr both wore headbands. Maybe Rod Wilmont too

21 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Do it. It really doesn't mean anything. Indiana should hang jerseys in the rafters too. As well as jerseys with McCracken and Knight on them. Maybe a sweater vest with Knight on it. Indiana would have several players in the rafters and that'd be really neat. You'd just have to create a check list of things to accomplish to be hung in the rafters. It'd be like immortality at AH. There are plenty of things Indiana can change just to take a step out of the 80's. Names in jerseys aren't a big deal. Alternate jerseys aren't a big deal. Honestly, I wouldn't mind just going to a whole different set of jerseys and retiring what we have now. It is the start of a new era and we should show that. And use the script "Indiana" on the jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm fine with alternates.  You want to put names on the alternates, knock yourself out.  Update the cut and material of the primary uniforms, fine.  The no names on the primary uniform helps make us different from every other program.  The Yankees haven't changed their pinstripes, Alabama hasn't changed their helmets, ND still uses their gold helmets, we don't need to make a big change to our primary uniform.

I would love to see the script Indiana on an alternate.

Sheehey buzzed his head because he wasn't allowed to wear a headband. I think there could be a similar rule with arms but idk. Not sure if that's a coach decision or higher up.

Sheehey buzzed his head because he wasn't allowed to wear a headband. I think there could be a similar rule with arms but idk. Not sure if that's a coach decision or higher up.

Holy snap...is this true? That's ridiculous. What was the reasoning?

My high schools coach has a rule about accessories and hair cuts and beards. The reason for it is "so we look like an actual team". Similar to the Knight rule exceptions were made for medical purposes but that's it. None of our players cared tho and I doubt any of the IU players really care that much or they'd try to change it

Holy snap...is this true? That's ridiculous. What was the reasoning?

This is totally from shoddy memory but I'm 90% certain this was talked about as a team/university rule or something. I don't remember any players ever wearing arm sleeves or headbands.