Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

IU Grad. Has a lot of local "ins" through fort wayne area high school ball. 

Glass did say he would be asking high school coaches in Indiana their thoughts. Fort Wayne being the 2nd biggest city in the state for talent. Let's not shoot down every source or person saying things. If that is the case there is no point in this thread and you should wait till the official announcement when our coach is announced. Literally every rumor is getting shot down and we only believe the good ones and only sometimes do we even do that. I will listen to any source or poster. It is my decision to accept if it is legit or not. I dont get it. Most everyone on here does a good job of it but there is still a lot like this on here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Glass did say he would be asking high school coaches in Indiana their thoughts. Fort Wayne being the 2nd biggest city in the state for talent. Let's not shoot down every source or person saying things. If that is the case there is no point in this thread and you should wait till the official announcement when our coach is announced. Literally every rumor is getting shot down and we only believe the good ones and only sometimes do we even do that. I will listen to any source or poster. It is my decision to accept if it is legit or not. I dont get it. Most everyone on here does a good job of it but there is still a lot like this on here.

Very well said. Kudos. 

2 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

I'm dry tonight. Gotta get up early and drive over to Vero Beach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

then I'll raise my cup to you sir..unless you want Alford, then you can **** off... lol, jk

Edited by hoosierbannerd

Very well said. Kudos. 

Thanks. It is very frustrating. I listened to EVERY poster on here and source about Crean cause I didnt wanna wait and any info was helpful. This questioning and taking shots at people happened then too. When some said Crean was getting an extension even I simply didnt respond and kept scrolling and hoped it wasnt true. It is that simple. Thanks for the info. Even if it was someone saying Alford was our next coach as Dakich has said apparently, I still consider it a source of info and try to factor it in my decisions on what I believe.

Thanks. It is very frustrating. I listened to EVERY poster on here and source about Crean cause I didnt wanna wait and any info was helpful. This questioning and taking shots at people happened then too. When some said Crean was getting an extension even I simply didnt respond and kept scrolling and hoped it wasnt true. It is that simple. Thanks for the info. Even if it was someone saying Alford was our next coach as Dakich has said apparently, I still consider it a source of info and try to factor it in my decisions on what I believe.

People can discuss whether they think a source is legit or not. There's no reason to take it so personally. There's reasons to believe or not believe any source. It's an anonymous internet message board.

FWIW, seems to be building. A guy just posted this on 247

Been lurking around this thread religiously for the past two weeks after hearing about it from Indiana Scott on the Hoosier.com board, and since I've been here for over 15 days now (and haven't posted much there, if at all) I thought I'd join the conversation over here.

I have found the whole conversation regarding Billy D intriguing. I've been wanting him since last summer (when KD went to Golden State) because I felt with him gone BD wouldn't want to continue with the Thunder very long; he didn't sign up to not be a contender. From my sources, RW is a gifted player but a pain in the &^$% (cussing not allowed here,right?).

And if you look at BD's track record, you couldn't ask for a better coach who would consistently have you in contention for championships. His teams have always been very good defensively (occasionally great), take care of the ball and more than adequate on the offensive end (compare that to Crean, whose teams were entirely reliant on offensive execution; his teams were poor defensively and had 1 in 5 possessions end in TO's).

I know a few people (I can't say who) who have known Donovan since his days as a UK assistant under Pitino. They tell me he's a better person than he is a coach, extremely down-to-earth. I've been hearing from one of them that BD is indeed going to be our next coach, and he is a guy who has been right about a LOT of stuff that's gone on in Bloomington the last 4 years. Does that make it fact? No - but when you consider everything, it seems entirely plausible.

I know one of the insiders here is suffering from PMS (had beer shoot out my nose as I was reading that roflmao ) but if anyone wants to shoot me a message I can provide what I know and compare.

Lastly - love the atmosphere over here. If every thread has the same goodwill as this one, i'll be here a while.

Evening, folks

Taz

Looks like I was right throwing Mike White out there a month or so ago. The dude is a good coach. Now has UVA down by 20 who is coached by a lot of peoples favorite beside Billy. He is missing Ebgunu too.

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Absolutely. Take it with a grain of salt or take it as gospel. Your choice.

People can discuss whether they think a source is legit or not. There's no reason to take it so personally. There's reasons to believe or not believe any source. It's an anonymous internet message board.

I dont take it personally. No one is questioning my post. Im defending others. Why waste the time to even discuss a post you dont believe to be true? I dont get it. It isnt hard to move on. There are plenty of post on here to get by on. Just my opinion though. Kinda makes me glad I dont have legit sources though. The anonymous thing is a chance we all take. We all know whose been on here awhile and if they sound foolish or if there is any truth to it.

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I dont take it personally. No one is questioning my post. Im defending others. Why waste the time to even discuss a post you dont believe to be true? I dont get it. It isnt hard to move on. There are plenty of post on here to get by on. Just my opinion though. Kinda makes me glad I dont have legit sources though. The anonymous thing is a chance we all take. We all know whose been on here awhile and if they sound foolish or if there is any truth to it.

Haha. Kinda makes me wish my handle wasn't my name. OR is it? Hmmmm

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Looks like I was right throwing Mike White out there a month or so ago. The dude is a good coach. Now has UVA down by 20 who is coached by a lot of peoples favorite beside Billy. He is missing Ebgunu too.

only 40 years old too, IIRC...son of Duke's A.D.?

only 40 years old too, IIRC...son of Duke's A.D.?

Yup!! I have been steadily trying to get him some recognition around here. A few others have thrown him in a few times too. I just like watching his team play. It took me a game or two this year to be sold on him. Just wish there was more of a resume. I said he was a tony bennett clone without the name recognition and people laughed. I admit it sounded crazy but I truly believe he is the real deal. He is the Dukes ADs son though so he probably is staying at UF till Duke opens up. He has competition in Chris Collins if they both keep their teams playing the way they are but daddy gives him the advantage.

BTW Tony Bennett definitely listens if IU calls now. He has bad luck at UVA in the tourney and just needs that IT factor to get over the top. Being here with our resources could give it to him. Plus he gets out of the ACC. Gard is not going anywhere so the Wisky dreams arent happening.