Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

12 minutes ago, hoosierknight said:

Not sure this means anything at all, but I follow Marni Mooney (team academic advisor) on Instagram and she's posted 7 or 8 photos of Crean (and a couple others of players only) with the hashtag "#MoreThanAGame". Seems like a farewell tribute at first glance. But total speculation on my end

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe just trying to make people feel better about the loss to Ga. Tech.

I'd have to think if FG is being lambasted by donors, and if he's forced to make a change, he's not in a good spot going forward.

As for Cuban's assessment that TC is a "great" coach - I recall people with more cred in the IUBB program (Kent Benson for one) essentially demanding that we hire Mike Davis.  I've been under the impression that Cuban doesn't give a lot of money to the athletic department because he hates the NCAA (kind of like how I hate the NBA, LOL).

I bet Crean tries to hire Porter's dad to save his own skin. While also trying to get Waters and Tucker.  OG, Hartman, Blackmon, Johnson, Priller and McSwain are gone. This just seems like something Crean would do to save himself.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I'll be smiling ear to ear like I was when Grigson got canned. Colts have reaped the benefits of Chris Ballard thus far as well. We'll see how IU handles its situation

The difference is Irsay had Polian in his ear when he hired Ballard. We have Glass and a bunch of trustees that don't know whole lot about athletics making the decision more than likely.

I bet Crean tries to hire Porter's dad to save his own skin. While also trying to get Waters and Tucker.  OG, Hartman, Blackmon, Johnson, Priller and McSwain are gone. This just seems like something Crean would do to save himself.

Doubt it. Crean plays by the books.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The difference is Irsay had Polian in his ear when he hired Ballard. We have Glass and a bunch of trustees that don't know whole lot about athletics making the decision more than likely.

I never heard that...Bill Polian consulted on Ballard's hire?

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I never heard that...Bill Polian consulted on Ballard's hire?

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

I'm pretty sure Irsay talked about it a couple of times during the press conference for Ballard.