Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I guess what I meant is that I have very little faith in CTC's ability to get us to the promised land.  If we had a competent coach I think I would be more inclined to at least look at that bet.  If you have no faith in the current regime, shouldn't appropriate actions commence?

Honestly, I couldn't bet on any coach to win a title over the next 10 years.  Including this year.  So much can happen.  My issues with Crean go beyond thinking he can or cannot win a title.  That is one of the most difficult things to ever speculate on.  I am a gambler at times.  I know that the highest odds you will ever see someone getting going into the tourney is around 20-25% after they have data backing up their team.  Even then, you see people going against them.  My issues with Crean come down to his team's value of the ball. Part of that is the offense and style we play in.  But, when you give up so many possessions a game, you are putting yourself behind the 8-ball without doing anything.  To me, I would have to take a serious look at what as a team we are trying to do.  

[quote name="hoosier716" post="48419" timestamp="1395002906"]Congrats to Steve Alford for winning the PacTen tournament and getting an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament in His 1st year there. This once again proves how stupid IU is for not hiring Him. Lets review, Head Coaches since Bob Knight: Mike Davis, Dan Dakich, Calvin Sampson and now Tom Crean. None of these guys compare to IU grad and National Champion STEVE ALFORD.[/quote]

It's gonna be a shame when he gets bounced early again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When you bring in recruits that have been low 5 and high 4 star recruits for the better part of their junior and senior years you expect them to give more than what we have seen of the 12 class. Low 4 star high 3 star recruits maybe they start to be tough their junior year but when you can get a top ten class you expect results earlier. This year we saw two from this class get suspended and miss several games. We saw their minutes drop during the middle and latter part of the year. One guy, who is a great guy, cannot even get healthy enough to play. The best player was a McD player and has played a lot for us. He is a very key player for us and it is nice having him. This 12 class is way behind where their rankings suggest they should be. Sure rankings can be wrong but isn't that what we all lauded Crean for being able to do? Find diamonds in the ruff? Look past rankings and find talent? Of the five kids in that class only one is getting it done. Hanner had some "moments" this year but down the stretch when we needed wins, when Noah was not playing well or much, Hanner did not give us much. With a class of 5 or more you cannot hit on only 20%. That is too big a class and too important to sustaining the progress. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

When you bring in recruits that have been low 5 and high 4 star recruits for the better part of their junior and senior years you expect them to give more than what we have seen of the 12 class.

You might, I  don't. I seem to recall stating several times before this season even started that fans expectations were unrealistic. They were.  They were also unrealistic for the '12 Class.  

Low 4 star high 3 star recruits maybe they start to be tough their junior year but when you can get a top ten class you expect results earlier.

Yes, to a degree.  What I really expect is earlier contributing minutes. Results I expect to be mixed.

This year we saw two from this class get suspended and miss several games. We saw their minutes drop during the middle and latter part of the year. One guy, who is a great guy, cannot even get healthy enough to play. The best player was a McD player and has played a lot for us. He is a very key player for us and it is nice having him. This 12 class is way behind where their rankings suggest they should be.

I agree that they are not exceeding expectations, and at best are at a bare minimum.

Sure rankings can be wrong but isn't that what we all lauded Crean for being able to do? Find diamonds in the ruff? Look past rankings and find talent? Of the five kids in that class only one is getting it done. Hanner had some "moments" this year but down the stretch when we needed wins, when Noah was not playing well or much, Hanner did not give us much. With a class of 5 or more you cannot hit on only 20%. That is too big a class and too important to sustaining the progress.

One of the funny things about class size, is it effects class ranking quite a bit. Two years from now we might have this discussion and be in complete agreement that they were a bust. Today, its still wait and see. Try the story below on for size.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically. "May be," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed. "May be," replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "May be," answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "May be," said the farmer.

Coaching Basketball for Dummies

$19.99 shipping $9.99

This is a great deal I'll buy it. I just don't know where he lives in Bloomington I have searched but no luck. Help me with that and I want to personally hand deliver it. What do you all think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using BtownBanners mobile app

Coaching Basketball for Dummies

$19.99 shipping $9.99

This is a great deal I'll buy it. I just don't know where he lives in Bloomington I have searched but no luck. Help me with that and I want to personally hand deliver it. What do you all think.

Email a PDF to him.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="48775" timestamp="1395018675"]It's "since" and that was a lousy joke to start a whole thread about. We get it, everyone hates Crean. Let's keep beating that dead horse all spring and summer[/quote]

Eh I fixed the grammar.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Honestly, I couldn't bet on any coach to win a title over the next 10 years.  Including this year.  So much can happen.  My issues with Crean go beyond thinking he can or cannot win a title.  That is one of the most difficult things to ever speculate on.  I am a gambler at times.  I know that the highest odds you will ever see someone getting going into the tourney is around 20-25% after they have data backing up their team.  Even then, you see people going against them.  My issues with Crean come down to his team's value of the ball. Part of that is the offense and style we play in.  But, when you give up so many possessions a game, you are putting yourself behind the 8-ball without doing anything.  To me, I would have to take a serious look at what as a team we are trying to do.  

Bad analogy or question on my part!  Can I have a mulligan?

Bad analogy or question on my part!  Can I have a mulligan?

No you are good my man.  I think we are on the same page, just hard to relay through the computer.  I just wanted to make sure.  

Crean brought it on himself this season.  He made so many mistakes on and off the court.  He was clueless. He looked like a joke staring into his binder late into games.  Who does that???????????????????????????

Repeating over and over that Crean is a bad coach won't change anything. He's still going to be the coach next year. I agree that he was the reason we had a bad season. But after reading countless fire Crean threads and posts about Crean in unrelated threads, it gets old. We get it. John Wooden carried a book with things he had written down with him during games. Just for the record. 

Why did my thread get moved here?

They are trying to limit the amount of threads pertaining to Crean. Rather than having a large clutter of threads where everyone is basically repeating themselves over and over again