Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

19 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I am hearing Matt Painter is being considered.

IU is taking him out for a pork chop dinner to gauge his interest

Didn't Knight reject him as a recruit, which caused him to go to Purdue and evolve into Keady's understudy as PUke coach? I remember reading how badly Painter wanted to come to IU...

Just now, HoosierCoop said:

It has probably been said repeatedly in this thread...

Do we have a legit shot a Langford if a coaching change occurs?

If so, that is all the justification you need!!!!!!

Imagine Langford in Bennetts system he'd get you 20 pts per game and you'd only need 60 to win. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Firing Crean is only half the equation. We don't have a 2 time national champion asking to come here this time. We have to get the hire right

Very true. There seems to be several good options out there, it's up to Glass to land one of  them. At the very least I'm hoping for a guy that coaches a watchable style of basketball. 

New name popped up on 247 called BTowninsider. Not sure if he has legitimate sources or what, but says we should start getting excited. Says Crean will be gone and the excited part was in reference to who our next coach could be. Hopefully it's true. I'm probably reading into everything too much but man I want all of this to be true. Looking to grasp at anything right now

You are not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Something I thought about this morning: The first round of the NIT is during IU's spring break, so students wouldn't be there if there happens to be a home game. Could mean good or bad things for the attendance

48 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Didn't Knight reject him as a recruit, which caused him to go to Purdue and evolve into Keady's understudy as PUke coach? I remember reading how badly Painter wanted to come to IU...

That is correct.  He wanted to be a Hoosier.  Knight took Todd Leary instead trying to entice Montross to come here but didn't work.