Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Random IUWBB Recruiting

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We offered Meg Newman in April 2019.  

Meg Newman (6-3 SO wing, Indianapolis, IN) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Arizona State WBB; 2022-23: played in 28 games, started 5, 3.9 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 17.5 MPG.

20-21 multiple tears in both knees=3 surgeries.

Matilda Ekh…wondering if IU Ladies this might be a way to plug Grace Berger hole not as a starter and realizing it’s not Grace Berger…but would be a solid complimentary role piece to IU Ladies basketball journey…unless there is a better prospect that would be willing to assume her role as a team player….also realizing the 2 freshman coming in 

And Minnesota player Micheaux in transfer portal…again willingness to assume role 

Or a taller girl 

Or do IU Ladies simply stand pat.

'22 6'3" Mila Reynolds (South Bend Washington HS) is entering the portal out of Maryland.  She held an IU offer and no idea if we'll pursue her again or not.   Her sister, Amiyah Reynolds, signed with Maryland in November as part of their 2023 recruiting class.  Younger brother is '26 Steven Reynolds III who has IU interest.  

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4565530/mila-reynolds

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I feel like we’ll be a hot destination for good transfers. I think our staff will nail the portal. Really excited about the guards we have coming in too

One plug-in guard needed from transfer portal to continue the (Berger), Garzon, Parrish, Scalia, Moore-McNeil at that level to go with rest of team plus reliable good reliable big.  

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

One plug-in guard needed from transfer portal to continue the (Berger), Garzon, Parrish, Scalia, Moore-McNeil at that level to go with rest of team plus reliable good reliable big.  

Lexus should be added to this list. Long and athletic, who can run an offense and create for herself. 

2 minutes ago, J34 said:

Lexus should be added to this list. Long and athletic, who can run an offense and create for herself. 

If Lexus, Lilly, and Henna take any sort of strides in their games.... I'm not sure we have ANY mins available. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:07 PM, TTT said:

Lauren Ware, Matilda Ekh, and Lexi Donarski 

We don't have any where close to the mins for Ekh that MSU gave her. Lauren Ware from AZ, if she wants to be the 3rd big... I would for sure take her...

and then the same thing with the girl from Iowa St as Ekh... she plays 35mpg at ISU, does she just accept significantly less mins or are we really just going to say ... "meh to Henna and Lexi B" 

Key is 0 drop off in level of play and/or adding to that level of play is the difference between elite vs dropping back behind elites meaning the very best vs really good.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We don't have any where close to the mins for Ekh that MSU gave her. Lauren Ware from AZ, if she wants to be the 3rd big... I would for sure take her...

and then the same thing with the girl from Iowa St as Ekh... she plays 35mpg at ISU, does she just accept significantly less mins or are we really just going to say ... "meh to Henna and Lexi B" 

Arguably, UCONN, SC, LSU (will have) including injury status in their respective programs.  It’s confidence and swagger for conference championships, final fours, national championship vs finishing in top 3 or 4 in conference and or struggle to get past elite 8.  However, I will 100% agree that player/s attitude have to equal IU Ladies family culture in their particular dreams/objectives/goals.

Both, Reynolds’s girls from South Bend are now available from Maryland.  However, not to high on them being able to be good enough for IU Ladies…. IU Ladies basketball and there are others like VT is another one continuing an upward trajectory.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I could see Ari Wiggins as an option.  

Dead weight on the bench…Probably not good enough…Illinois, Purdue, Butler, Penn State, Wisconsin, Rutgers, or similar teams in middle of big ten or outside big ten.  At IU Ladies 5 or 6 years ago yes, but not 2023-2024 unless interested in backsliding vs championships.

15 hours ago, TTT said:

Dead weight on the bench…Probably not good enough…Illinois, Purdue, Butler, Penn State, Wisconsin, Rutgers, or similar teams in middle of big ten or outside big ten.  At IU Ladies 5 or 6 years ago yes, but not 2023-2024 unless interested in backsliding vs championships.

Not at all. She's absolutely good enough to be our 10th/11th girl who we don't have mins for anyway, as a depth piece, and has quickness... something we are lacking. Her little brother will be her in Fall, as well... plus she's from a big time, instate program. 

It's not a talent thing at this point. It's a fit. I'd be floored if we added a starter from another team.