Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2017) SF Alfred Hollins

2 minutes ago, nixie said:

Can anyone honestly question offering a kid given Crean's (& staff) ability to develop players?  At this point, if he sees enough to offer, I'll trust it.  

MSB and April and likely Gelon - yes I can question.  Admittedly he's hit some home runs, but he's far from perfect and I'm not ready to give him my explicit trust.  Not meant as CTC bashing just my belief in his recruiting.

4 minutes ago, nixie said:

Can anyone honestly question offering a kid given Crean's (& staff) ability to develop players?  At this point, if he sees enough to offer, I'll trust it.  

Different feel.  Crean was on OG, Oladipo and others for awhile.  This feels closer to the April and Priller recruitments a few years ago.  

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Different feel.  Crean was on OG, Oladipo and others for awhile.  This feels closer to the April and Priller recruitments a few years ago.  

ESPN has Hollins as a four star. He may be a plan B or plan C recruit for us, but he's nationally regarded on a completely different level than April, Gelon, or MSB. In fact, for those that are "star struck" he has a higher recruiting ranking than Moore or Durham.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

MSB and April and likely Gelon - yes I can question.  Admittedly he's hit some home runs, but he's far from perfect and I'm not ready to give him my explicit trust.  Not meant as CTC bashing just my belief in his recruiting.

I get it.  Sure, he's swung and missed, but that will happen.  Some guys commit to what it takes, and some don't.  I have no inside knowledge but would venture a guess that those ending in a "whiff" didn't have what it took (gym rats, work ethic, etc ... whatever you want to call it) to get better.   ... JMO  (Who is MSB?)

Just now, nixie said:

I get it.  Sure, he's swung and missed, but that will happen.  Some guys commit to what it takes, and some don't.  I have no inside knowledge but would venture a guess that those ending in a "whiff" didn't have what it took (gym rats, work ethic, etc ... whatever you want to call them) to get better.   ... JMO

Gelon, April, Priller don't fall into to that category at all. 

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah, hard pass on all of these 2017s popping up. Preston or bust

Well then, you are very likely gonna have to settle for "bust", because while it's a possibility, we are unlikely to get Preston.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

ESPN has Hollins as a four star. He may be a plan B or plan C recruit, but he's nationally regarded on a completely different level than April, Gelon, or MSB. In fact, for those that are "star struck" he has a higher recruiting ranking than Moore or Durham.

Didn't catch he was a 4 star - thanks - and didn't mean to imply he was the equivalent of April and some of the others it's just to me we seem to move into a desperation mode in our recruiting.

1 minute ago, nixie said:

I get it.  Sure, he's swung and missed, but that will happen.  Some guys commit to what it takes, and some don't.  I have no inside knowledge but would venture a guess that those ending in a "whiff" didn't have what it took (gym rats, work ethic, etc ... whatever you want to call it) to get better.   ... JMO

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gelon, April, Priller don't fall into to that category at all. 

You guys are giving up on Gelon based on what? He came into the second scrimmage and made two three pointers. He has a great looking stroke and Crean talked about his work in the weight room. Is he going to give us a ton of minutes this year? No. But April and Priller did not contribute to the team with their play. It is still very possible that Gelon becomes a very valuable role player.

1 minute ago, Beachfront Property said:

You guys are giving up on Gelon based on what? He came into the second scrimmage and made two three pointers. He has a great looking stroke and Crean talked about his work in the weight room. Is he going to give us a ton of minutes this year? No. But April and Priller did not contribute to the team with their play. It is still very possible that Gelon becomes a very valuable role player.

I haven't given up on anyone.  Sounds like others have though ... 

U

Would you ascribe to them falling into the "not nearly talented enough" category? That's my take on where their challenges arose.

yes.

And that's why Crean won't get a pass for a while. While he has admittedly hit home runs and has more than his share of strike outs.

Plus these guys are being targeted in the 3rd or 4th tier for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners