Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

@adamzagoria
Seton Hall's Shaheen Holloway and Indiana's Chuck Martin were at Molloy-Loughlin for Cole Anthony, Keith Williams, Markquis Nowell.

Anthony plays for Molloy and is Greg's son, Williams and Nowell play for Loughlin.

‏@NYCHoops: Loughlin wins #CHSAA B/Q chip over Molloy, 79-67 

'17 SG Keith Williams
'18 PG Markquis Nowell
'19 PG Cole Anthony

Anthony plays for Molloy and is Greg's son, Williams and Nowell play for Loughlin.

‏@NYCHoops: Loughlin wins #CHSAA B/Q chip over Molloy, 79-67

'17 SG Keith Williams

'18 PG Markquis Nowell
'19 PG Cole Anthony

thanks for the extra info. I didn't know where to put that

Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
Seton Hall's Shaheen Holloway and Indiana's Chuck Martin were at Molloy-Loughlin for Cole Anthony, Keith Williams, Markquis Nowell.

*appears to be 17...no clue on these guys, others are 18 and 19

'17 SG Keith Williams and '18 PG Markquis Nowell play for Loughlin. '19 PG Cole Anthony plays for Molloy and is Greg Anthony's son.

‏@F150Bflinn: 2018 PG Markquis Nowell has led Loughlin all year, now the Lions head to the CHSAA Title game: http://ow.ly/ZiPQv 

The 5-foot-8 floor general has been one of the top players in the CHSAA and the state of New York this year. His average of 18.2 points per game is the 4th highest in the league this season. 

There have been plenty of stiff tests for Nowell this year too. He scored 32 en route to knocking off #1 ranked Long Island Lutheran and Indiana commit Devonte Green. Nowell also put up 38 against Christ the King and Jose Alvarado in a Diocesian playoff game win two weeks ago. Nowell has also gotten the better of Cole Anthony and Isaiah Washington at different points in the year as well. Few, if any, sophomore point guards face a gauntlet of matchups that rival that quartet, which is saying something for Nowell and the talent level in the state of New York. 

As far as recruitment goes, Rutgers has already offered, while Pitt and Indiana have been among the programs in contact. 

On 4/4/2016 at 8:18 PM, ccgeneral said:

‏@ASlater247: Aundre Hyatt '18 has St.John's, Yale & Iona offers; Indiana, OU, Davidson, Maryland, Stanford & VCU interest 3.9 GPA

White Plains, NY (Miller School)
AAU: New York Lightning
6'6/210

Scout

Rivals

MaxPreps lists him at 6'5" and 170 lbs.  For the 2015-2016 season he averaged 15.7 ppg; 10.5 reb/game; 2.3 blks/game.    40 lbs. difference!!  LOL

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

@evandaniels

Jordan Nwora was offered by Auburn and received a call from Indiana, per NY Rens coach. Shooter gaining some steam in the northeast.

Looks like a possible 2016 target

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

‏Pretty sure he's 2017.

7 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

‏Pretty sure he's 2017.

Agree, everything I looked at indicated '17.   If he were a '16, I'd be a little leery about his name popping up out of thin air at this relatively late date.  Too reminiscent of a couple of our recruits from 2 years ago.

Agree, everything I looked at indicated '17.   If he were a '16, I'd be a little leery about his name popping up out of thin air at this relatively late date.  Too reminiscent of a couple of our recruits from 2 years ago.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1487

Rivals has him at 2016 but I have seen other places showing him at 2017. You never know these days with kids graduating early

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

As I recall, Stefanovic's game by game stats for this past season were fairly consistent. 

On 4/7/2016 at 10:48 PM, Uspshoosier said:

@evandaniels

Jordan Nwora was offered by Auburn and received a call from Indiana, per NY Rens coach. Shooter gaining some steam in the northeast.

Coaches watched today. He plays on the same AAU with Jose Alvarado, Hamidou Diallo and Jordan Tucker.

‏@ASlater247: Indiana, Florida, USF, Syracuse, LB St. are here for Jordan Nwora of the @RENShoops

On 4/4/2016 at 10:33 AM, ccgeneral said:

'17 SF Kyle Young from Ohio on the radar. Guess we watched at some point.

‏@JeffRabjohns: Ohio 2017 forward discusses what he's hearing from Indiana after IU watched him.

Izzo watched today and offered..

I don't know the reputation of this outfit but it's posted its ranking of 2019 recruits.  Names of note include:

#7 - Trendon Watford

#12 - Keion Brooks

#18 - Tyger Campbell

http://www.theprepinsiders.com/player-rankings/?srch_rank_class=6

High octane talent announced for the Forum Credit Union Tip Off Classic set for Dec. 10, at Southport H.S.

Loaded high school basketball event set

1402512400000--MG-7295.JPG Kyle Neddenriep, kyle.neddenriep@indystar.com 11:59 a.m. EDT May 10, 2016

The fourth annual high school boys basketball Forum Credit Union Tip Off Classic is set for Dec. 10 at Southport with an enticing six-game lineup.

Highlighting the event is a nightcap between New Albany and star junior-to-be Romeo Langford against North Central and potential IndyStar Mr. Basketball candidate Kris Wilkes.

Here’s a look at the complete lineup:

• Hamilton Southeastern vs. South Bend Riley, 11:30 a.m. – Hamilton Southeastern is coming off a 14-12 season and will be led by Zach Gunn (17.2 ppg, 8.6 rebounds), an Indiana Junior All-Star. HSE also has some talented underclassmen, including Brennan Scofield (averaged 6.6 points as a sophomore), Noah Smith (4.1 points as a freshman) and Aaron Etherington (4.1 points as a freshman). Jack Davidson, a senior-to-be, averaged 6.1 points last season. South Bend Riley, 22-6 last season and sectional champion, returns a talented core led by Damezi Anderson (18.1 points, 7.4 rebounds as a sophomore) and Shamar Dillard (9.5 points as a sophomore).

• Mt. Vernon vs. Cloverdale, 1:15 p.m. – Mt. Vernon returns the core of a team that finished 18-5 last season, including Michael Ertel (15.8 ppg, 3.7 assists), Erick Shepherd (13.3 ppg, 5.8 rebounds) and James McCloud (8.3 ppg), all seniors next season. Cloverdale was 19-8 last season and won a Class 2A sectional. The Clovers will be led by senior and Butler recruit Cooper Neese (29.5 ppg, 9.5 rebounds last season). 

Lawrence North vs. Fort Wayne North Side, 3 p.m. – Lawrence North is loaded again coming off a 19-6 season under Jack Keefer. The Wildcats bring back 6-8 senior Ra Kpedi and highly-touted junior Kevin Easley, as well as several others. North Side, 18-7 last season, will be led by 6-8 senior Jaylen Butz and highly-regarded sophomore Keion Brooks.

• Park Tudor vs. Fort Wayne Snider, 5 p.m. – This is another matchup of potential Mr. Basketball candidates as Park Tudor’s 6-10 senior-to-be Jaren Jackson Jr. (16.1 ppg, 7.8 rebounds) squares off against Snider 6-10 senior-to-be Malik Williams. Both are highly-recruited players. Park Tudor, which was 20-5 last season and won a 3A sectional, also brings back Kobe Webster (14.5 ppg, 3.7 assists) and Isaiah Rice (10.8 ppg) as seniors. Snider was 14-9 last season.

Going to start this as I'm not sure of the wisdom of starting a new thread for each and every kid we reach out to since the contact period for this class just started and we don't have any confirmation that it's been anything other than a contact; no formal offer extended.  There are a few threads already started for some '18 targets such as Romeo Langford, Tyler Herro and Robert Phinisee.

1.  2018 PG Cobie Dillard (Indpls. Scecina) heard from Ball State, Indiana per his AAU coach

2.  2018 F Aundre Hyatt (Archbishop Stepinac - White Plains, NY).    Indiana and 11 other schools.

3.  2018 Wing Aaron Henry (Indpls. Ben Davis) heard from Indiana and Butler today