Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Hoosier Hysteria - Sept 29th, 2018. Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm

You obviously don’t. Recruits like the pomp and circumstance. The theatrics, music, etc. They don’t care about the scrimmage. It’s the truth. Hoosier Hysteria should not be designed to please 60 years old fans, but 15-18 years old kids.

Well luckily I am not 60. Far from it actually. Again you have zero clue what you are talking about on this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So we lost recruits because we scrimmaged during Hoosier Hysteria?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apparently. Next thing you know according to Gradman we will have lost recruits because we play basketball. I mean his “truth” and all.

I know exactly what I am talking about. I didn’t say we lost recruits specifically because of Hoosier Hysteria, but the event in the past certainly hasn’t helped our cause. Look at how Kentucky runs Big Blue Madness. It is over the top but the kids love it. Villanova hired Nicki Minaj to perform at their version of the event. IU brings in Bill Rafferty and Seth Greenberg or no one like last year.
We need a light show, fog machines, a prominent musician, things that recruits will love.

And U of 6 brought in Katina Powell and the girls to perform and look what that got them.

I wouldn't mind having more glitter with a known rapper performing but doing away with the scrimmage would be less than ideal.

Yet he speaks in absolutes. He said recruits think scrimmages are boring. All I want is quotes that majority of recruits say it's boring. Otherwise it is just his opinion.

I don't know why Iugradman gets so much pushback on the things he says. In the vast majority of situations there isn't one specific reason why a recruit picks a school. It's usually a combination of things. So no, things like Hoosier hysteria being boring, the locker rooms looking crappy, or the dreaded 'drop ceilings' aren't the specific reasons why a recruit doesn't pick us, but they're all factors that go into the decision. Players want good coaching, they want good facilities, they want a good culture that they fit with. Him wanting IU to improve on things is just him realizing that the more variables in IU's favor, the better. 

16 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Yet he speaks in absolutes. He said recruits think scrimmages are boring. All I want is quotes that majority of recruits say it's boring. Otherwise it is just his opinion.

Recruits aren't going to come out and say it's boring, we both know that. But I would be surprised if he was wrong. Recruits can watch the team scrimmage on any old visit. Hoosier Hysteria is our chance to really wow them and we should be doing everything we can to do that. Like when we had the recruits walk in one at a time so the whole crowd could cheer. That was a really good idea. 

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Apparently. Next thing you know according to Gradman we will have lost recruits because we play basketball. I mean his “truth” and all.

Drop ceilings and *gasp* a scrimmage at a glorified practice?  We're doomed.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

I know exactly what I am talking Villanova hired Nicki Minaj to perform at their version of the event. IU brings in Bill Rafferty and Seth Greenberg or no one like last year.

We need a light show, fog machines, a prominent musician, things that recruits will love.

I think we should try for the best of both old and modern:

For instance, we could feature a live concert of Lil’ Wayne songs...

...performed by Bill Raftery and Seth Greenberg.

What sucks about Hoosier Hysteria is all the stuff that has nothing to do with the men’s basketball team. Sitting through all that is a snooze. Once they do the player walkouts etc it gets fun for a half hour

The no scrimmage talk worries me a little bit. I feel like that’s the only part of the event with any substance and though it’s just a light scrimmage it can give you a feel for how the team is meshing together. This coming from a younger person who doesn’t really care for the dunk contest or any of the antics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The no scrimmage talk worries me a little bit. I feel like that’s the only part of the event with any substance and though it’s just a light scrimmage it can give you a feel for how the team is meshing together. This coming from a younger person who doesn’t really care for the dunk contest or any of the antics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
But that's not what kids want(blue font)

It isn’t what recruits want to see. They observe practices and workouts on their visits. Hoosier Hysteria is for fun and pomp and circumstance.
How do you know? I have never seen any recruit say that. Plus it's not just for recruits. It's for the fans also.