Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I wish I knew more about SSQ's background to better understand his stances. I get the feeling he has a personal connection in some fashion to the Crean regime. Only way I can rationalize some of the thoughts.

He does. Crean talks about him often. Thinks everyone should be like him. It is a bit annoying really for him to choose one poster on here and show such favoritism.

"He's shown tremendous athleticism, competitiveness, toughness," Crean said. "He's got very, very good second and third reactions and short-space quickness, which is huge.

He does. Crean talks about him often. Thinks everyone should be like him. It is a bit annoying really for him to choose one poster on here and show such favoritism.

"He's shown tremendous athleticism, competitiveness, toughness," Crean said. "He's got very, very good second and third reactions and short-space quickness, which is huge.

ahhhh, now it's clear.

what would Crean be settling on?

A. Depending on the pressure from alums, the AD can always wait him out for literally 3 months and cost him $6 million.

B. The contract is pretty fairly written from what I've seen of it. I could see a handful of ways to help it survive a summary judgment motion and this isn't even my specialty. It's never worth that risk.

C. Goodwill. The difference between a bad separation and a good one can have a huge effect on his future employment opportunities. If he's only in it for the money then he might not care about that, but you don't reach such a high level in a job without liking the work. It's not a big market and blackballing exists. 

This isn't firing a guy from McDonalds, it's a multimillion dollar contract, there were a dozen lawyers on both sides setting their side up for this exact situation. 

i honestly wonder why you always say IU isn't a powerhouse? We are a traditional Blueblood without a doubt. The 2015? Is Irrelevant really. Blame Davis, Sampson, Crean. We get the right coach, we have tradition, money, and fans to be a top 10 team annually.

Even Crean had us rolling for 2 years. Then he lost it big time. Can't recruit anymore, etc... Crean was microns from having us where we want to be annually but he lost all that momentum.

There's no debating whether IU is a traditional blue blood. Key word, traditional. 2015 does matter; we are not the powerhouse you think. Hell we aren't in the top 3 of our own conference. MSU/OSU/Wisconsin.

Crean is the same coach as 2 years ago; having it rolling for two years is proof that IU would be foolish to let him go. It's not an indictment of him. My general view of all of these debates is that Crean is a victim of his own success. IU fans got a taste of what it was like; and then the foundation class graduated and the two phenoms went to the NBA. It really isn't that hard to see, why IU isn't a national title contender every year. It's because it's pretty damn hard. We didn't suddenly get to this point with Crean. He inherited the damn dormant program 20 years in the making. He didn't fuck this up.

He can't recruit anymore? Really.... That's an interesting statement. No basis for that statement when big time players keep signing up. Sure they did a rushed thing with priller and April. But they're not going to be here if they don't cut it. Is that so hard to see that we are bringing in the 2015s instead. Sorry those guys couldn't classify up this year. Who would you have signed last spring? I'm sure you'll say no one if there's no one good enough for IU fans. Well you wanna practice with 8 then? Think it through

I know I'm not going to be welcome here ever again; lose to Purdue and all hell breaks loose. Isn't that what we make fun of them for, caring so much about that game? I really don't have much respect for many opinions here because most of the statements contain group think//buzz phrases like "he's in over his head"//revisionist history//etc. It's incredibly frustrating that fans here think IU deserves some pedestal.

You have to earn it, and IU hasn't done that in a LONG time.

I wish I could explain myself in a more coherent way on here; I point out a lot of stereotypical responses from fans and I think the humor is missed. I'm serious about much of it but I know I don't explain myself in detail very often. I have some reasons for that. Plus I don't always have a ton of time to write as much as I'd like

Background wise, you can PM me. I'm not any kind of in the gym person.

I just think a few of the guys on here think we cant land a top coach and think the next guy will be worse than Crean. And they under estimate what Hoosier Nation can do when we get rolling again.

I definitely think IU CAN land a top coach; however, I'm not sure IU WILL land a top coach.  Davis - bad hire, Scum - the dumbest most idiotic hire IU has made (I actually quit following IU basketball after this), Crean - good hire at the time.  As another poster loves to state "our recent record of hiring MBB coaches is mediocre at best." 

What I question is all the talk of us getting who we (the fans) want.  Is there a guarantee we land a Donovan or Stevens?  If not do we fire Crean only to hope we can get a decent coach?  In my opinion, we don't make a move unless there is a guarantee.  

I definitely think IU CAN land a top coach; however, I'm not sure IU WILL land a top coach.  Davis - bad hire, Scum - the dumbest most idiotic hire IU has made (I actually quit following IU basketball after this), Crean - good hire at the time.  As another poster loves to state "our recent record of hiring MBB coaches is mediocre at best." 

What I question is all the talk of us getting who we (the fans) want.  Is there a guarantee we land a Donovan or Stevens?  If not do we fire Crean only to hope we can get a decent coach?  In my opinion, we don't make a move unless there is a guarantee.  

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I don't want to go through all of this just to hire the basketball equivalent of Mike Riley. (Sorry, Nebraska)