Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Where do you personally rank the IU-PU rivalry?

I live in Florida and I had somebody tell me once that they "went to a school called Purdue".  I told them I've never heard of it  :biggrin:

My response is usually "I'm sorry" or "I wouldn't tell people that"

I've replied back a couple times with, "You mean, like the chicken?"

I have to agree with hating the fans more than the teams. Kentucky is 1 for me, with Purdue just a hair behind. I don't see Illinois as a rivalry, Michigan only really in the 90's with the Fab Four. I think Maryland will be a big rivalry going forward but they seem to have better fans. Kentucky and purdue fans are equally clueless in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just for the sake of correction, it was the Fab Five at Michigan.

The Fab Four were from Liverpool, England, and became music legends.

1. UK- cal, fans, & hate everything it stands for
2. Maryland - just really DONT like them. Layman irritates me, melo or whatever the Frosh name is is a lot of hype. Wells is so annoying and dirty. Multiple colors EW
2 part 2- Michigan- they think they're so good & I can't stand it, even though we always beat them
3. Illinois- their stadium is a POS IMHO, they try to copy IU at everything.
4. Ohio State- Thad Matta & Aaron Craft did me in. Russel also, can't stand him. Thomas ugh.
5. Iowa- Fran &crew are a WAY less talented scum bag version of Thad Matta & Bo Ryan.
6. Wiscy- they seem to always beat us & Burschewitz (red head) Got under my skin.
7. Michigan St- I feel like Jordy & gang always had a grudge against them for whatever reason. So I do too.

Then personal teams I dislike

KANSAS
Arizona
Iowa St
Oklahoma st

Really any team out west

I can handle Notre Dame, Butler, Florida, & Louisville.

Honestly guys, I really dislike anybody that isn't IU.

dont like, dont hate purwho.  just another indiana school with nationally irrelevant athletics.  kentucky, i hate.  there isnt a worse fanbase out there- any level, any sport.  and calipari truly is a despicable person.  i hated wildcat blue before his arrival though.

people, especially from up north, like to bring up purwho is ahead in the all-time record.  when you hear that, tell them IU leads 78-64 since 1939 (not to mention 5-0) not including tonight.  ie, we've been better head-to-head for the past 75 years, granted it's not heavily one-sided.  purdue dominated prior to 39, when the sport was in its beginning stages, nothing whatsoever like what its been for the past handful of decades.

would've been awesome if notre dame developed into our rival.  that could've really been something.  most fans outside the midwest couldnt tell you where purdue is located or a few facts about them.  thats not a joke or a stretch.  try it distant hoosiers.

Just for the sake of correction, it was the Fab Five at Michigan.

The Fab Four were from Liverpool, England, and became music legends.

i don't count Jalen rose. I just don't.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners