Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MemphisHoosier

(2015) SG Malik Ellison to St. John's

Committed 5/1/15.

Eddie_Gibbon ‏@EGibs8796  54m

Malik Ellison mentioned Georgetown, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota and wake forest as some of the schools coming after him the hardest

New name on the radar...

http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Ellison-24252

Interesting fact...Malik is the son of former Louisville great Pervis Ellison

Guess we have offered..

https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1727441&PT=4&PR=2

On the recruiting front, Ellison wrapped up an official visit to Minnesota earlier in the month. He would like to take some more official visits before making an April decision and also mentioned offers from Creighton, Indiana, Temple and Maryland. Georgetown has also jumped in but has yet to offer.

Good article here from 3 days ago, and Malik also broke down a few of the schools recruiting him. 

http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-ellison-stole-the-show-in-impressive-victory-at-hoophall-discusses-schools/

Minnesota: “They’re big time, they’re in the Big Ten Conference. They play the best competition in the country, and with the coaches and everything else it’s a very good fit.”

Georgetown: “I haven’t talked to them as much, I’ve only talked to them a little bit. They’ve been a great squad since back in the day so obviously it would be a good fit.”

Indiana: “They’re kind of my play style. They have a lot of shooters, and tall guards.”

Maryland: “This year they have proved a lot. They’re ranked in the country now, so that would be a great fit.”

Good article here from 3 days ago, and Malik also broke down a few of the schools recruiting him.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-ellison-stole-the-show-in-impressive-victory-at-hoophall-discusses-schools/

Minnesota: “They’re big time, they’re in the Big Ten Conference. They play the best competition in the country, and with the coaches and everything else it’s a very good fit.”

Georgetown: “I haven’t talked to them as much, I’ve only talked to them a little bit. They’ve been a great squad since back in the day so obviously it would be a good fit.”

Indiana: “They’re kind of my play style. They have a lot of shooters, and tall guards.”

Maryland: “This year they have proved a lot. They’re ranked in the country now, so that would be a great fit.”

He realizes three of his four share that attribute with Minnesota right?

Indiana: “They’re kind of my play style. They have a lot of shooters, and tall guards.”

A team simply being ranked is what puts them near the top of your list? Why isn't he going to Northern Iowa?

Also, all four of those descriptions could easily describe Indiana.

A team simply being ranked is what puts them near the top of your list? Why isn't he going to Northern Iowa?

I think the is referring to the fact that Maryland was picked to finish towards the bottom of the big ten by everyone and are now ranked in the top 15. Thats a pretty good turn around. Again same thing could be said for IU but when was the last time Maryland was relevant in college basketball?

I think the is referring to the fact that Maryland was picked to finish towards the bottom of the big ten by everyone and are now ranked in the top 15. Thats a pretty good turn around. Again same thing could be said for IU but when was the last time Maryland was relevant in college basketball?

Fair point. We've had a couple good seasons lately and they haven't.