Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs Butler game thread

Well played half minus the last 1 1/2 minutes. Troy's shot selections are very poor, but Hanner played some of his best ball with blocks and rebounds. I like our chances if Crean goes back to original game plan. Its like he becomes a spectator instead of the head coach knowing he can call time outs when needed or talk to the officials. Our opponent with an assistant as head coach has a better grasp of game management unfortunately. We have to win games in spite of our coach truth be told.

I can see by the last 5 minutes or so of the first half that when Butler tightened their defense we are pretty well paralyzed in the half court set.  If we can't run and gun or fast break we aren't very good against better competition.

We built a 10 point lead due to Creans game plan of attacking their defenders with our athleticism then our players decided to lose all focus last 2 minutes. This game isn't tied because of Crean.

Not calling timeouts when they are needed is all on Crean unless you expect the players to manage the game.

I like the lineup of JB, Yogi, Hoeztal, Hanner and Troy. Gives us more size. I don't like Hartman and Z starting 2nd half.

I personally would take Hartman over Hoetzel, but I like the big lineup as well.