Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely the Xavier win is a top 5 win in all of college basketball so far this season.   That was a massive win.   No way to deny that win.   I guess I should have said consistently compete with upper tier teams away from home.    In years past IU has shown they can randomly pick up top 5 team wins (Iowa and Sparty) but it’s a different level to be in those games consistently with a chance to win.    I hear you with injuries and would have loved to see how that Zona game could have turned out with JHS but injuries are apart of it and teams have to overcome them.   IU is still in a great spot and has plenty of opportunities to prove that this year is different from years past when it comes to road games.   

Yeah, thing is to me we’re basically the same team as last year except for JHS and Malik, and Bates’ growth, minus Stew. Malik is still adjusting to playing B1G level vet bigs (to be expected), take away X and that’s a big blow. Trey has shown real flashes but also is chasing consistency, and Bates, much better - finding his college game offensively, but isn’t yet a creator and better defensively but not fully there yet. Imo Bates, Gallo and JG all need to show well from now on, with Malik continuing to adjust - he’ll get there but imo not realistic right now to expect that to happen over night (love where he’s headed regardless)

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

What’s your top 5 wins this year?

That's tough without defining the criteria.

I thought some of the wins during feast week (?) and in the preseason tourneys were great. The ones you listed are up there but I enjoy a great massive underdog winning (when it doesn't involve IU) like the Northwestern State at TCU upset or E. Illinois at Iowa wins. I'd even throw the Nebrasketball win at Creighton in there but that has lost a bit of its luster with Creighton being turrble and Nebrasketball being a little better than turrble. Along with some of the big games in the preseason tourneys I like the big time noncon campus games too that you listed.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Agree there are whiny power conference coaches. Don't want to lose their jobs for missing the tournament, huh? I don't think making a 90 team tourney is going to significantly change decisions to fire coaches by universities. It's going to be an expanded First Four feel to get into the first round of the NCAA tourney. If programs are fooled into maintaining a coach because they were the 90th team when they should be much better I guess that's on them but hopefully IU doesn't adopt this philosophy.

If they are going to just make more play in games, have all of them be the last of the at large bids. No more having 16 seeds being in play in games.

1 minute ago, johnsoniu said:

Michael Lewis and Ball St get a big road win at Toledo. Mike has the Cardinals at 10-4 now and should be in the mix for the MAC title.

They were up 9 when I turned to it with 4 min to go and they  proceeded to give up a 6-0 run.  Lol.  Glad they hung on 

1 minute ago, IU_FanClub said:

Kentucky might end up winning but Calipari is doing an awful job coaching down the stretch here. They aren't running anything.

Agreed, their O is severely lacking. Toppin big second half saved a potentially epic rupps rafter’s meltdown. Dang it lol