Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wonder if Yogi will be on the move? Mavs pick up Doncic and Brunson.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I had the same thought. Pretty sure he's a RFA but I doubt they'll pay him after taking Brunson. Maybe they try to keep him and move on from Seth Curry and/or JJ but idk. If he's gone I hope he gets some decent offers but most teams don't have a lot of cap unfortunately.

Holiday is small but I think he can be at least passable defending PGs. Love his shooting. 

Yep. Decent wingspan. Good speed. Good vision. Good athleticism. Trade up for Walker would have been the homerun. But it’s solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dan Gilbert continues his streak of terrible drafting. I hope LeBron gets far away from Cleveland. 

Who would you have preferred they draft? The talent dropped off after 6-7 imo. 

2 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Who would you have preferred they draft? The talent dropped off after 6-7 imo. 

I've wanted them to trade the pick from the moment they got it last summer. If I had to pick someone though I would've gambled on Porter Jr. 

I've wanted them to trade the pick from the moment they got it last summer. If I had to pick someone though I would've gambled on Porter Jr. 

With the medicals he had to scare that many teams away? Don’t know as a GM I would risk my job on that. They said all along they were keeping the pick and not basing their decision on a 33 year old man that may not be there. Can’t really blame them for anything imo.

34 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

With the medicals he had to scare that many teams away? Don’t know as a GM I would risk my job on that. They said all along they were keeping the pick and not basing their decision on a 33 year old man that may not be there. Can’t really blame them for anything imo.

I still would've risked it. If he's healthy you get #1 talent at #8. Lebron had back issues that threatened to derail his career when he first returned to Cleveland, but he found a training regimen to fix them. Could've tried having Porter  do the same thing. 

I still would've risked it. If he's healthy you get #1 talent at #8. Lebron had back issues that threatened to derail his career when he first returned to Cleveland, but he found a training regimen to fix them. Could've tried having Porter  do the same thing. 

I honestly don’t recall Lebron having any back injury that could threaten to derail his career. If he did he would have had surgery. There is no way around that. A pinched sciatic nerve is far different than someone that shows in a MRI they will most likely need a discectomy within a few years and showing early signs of arthritis. Especially at 19-20 years old. I only knew Lebron to ever have sciatica. I have had a discectomy after rupturing two discs (my L4 and L5). I promise you there is a huge difference and they can see when someone’s disc is wore down. Teams don’t get scared away from sciatica unless the discs are wore down. Then you need surgery. Your discs don’t just get better on their own. I am going to have to read up on his to see where it was. I knew he had that neck injury from parachuting. But I wasn’t aware of a back injury that bad.

Ah just found the article with his pinched nerve where he had two injections to release the nerve. Yeah man that’s not close to having issues where the discs are breaking down. Pinched nerve sucks and they take forever to heal. But not the same to what Porter is dealing with.

Hoosier if your really want to laugh at someone I ruptured my discs golfing on a tee shot lol. I had pinched nerves for years from an old football injury but never disc issues. It sucks getting older lol. Lebron is a beast and has proven that over the years. Very few people could have done what he did after his epidural injections. Those things are fantastic but only last a week or two. Him having two tells me his never went away. Impressive for sure.

55 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hoosier if your really want to laugh at someone I ruptured my discs golfing on a tee shot lol. I had pinched nerves for years from an old football injury but never disc issues. It sucks getting older lol. Lebron is a beast and has proven that over the years. Very few people could have done what he did after his epidural injections. Those things are fantastic but only last a week or two. Him having two tells me his never went away. Impressive for sure.

Idk if this is the same article you just found, but this is the one I had read. http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22778062/how-lebron-james-fixed-back-track-play-all-82-games-nba

How in the world did you rupture your disks on a tee shot? Haha. Porter sounds like he's basically screwed based off that though. Is this something he was born with or is it the result of some kind of injury?

Idk if this is the same article you just found, but this is the one I had read. http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22778062/how-lebron-james-fixed-back-track-play-all-82-games-nba
How in the world did you rupture your disks on a tee shot? Haha. Porter sounds like he's basically screwed based off that though. Is this something he was born with or is it the result of some kind of injury?

My friends were nice enough to laugh at me when it dropped me. I would of too. Probably one of very few dumbasses to do that .

Any word on rumors of where he is leaning HF? Do you think he stays in the East? It’s weird cause I don’t think there are a lot of spots built to win right now he fits on. But I honestly haven’t paid attention to FA.

28 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Any word on rumors of where he is leaning HF? Do you think he stays in the East? It’s weird cause I don’t think there are a lot of spots built to win right now he fits on. But I honestly haven’t paid attention to FA.

If I had to bet I would say he opts in with the Cavs and punts on the decision until next summer. There doesn't seem to be a good team for him to go to and be a contender immediately, unless he'd take a huge paycut. I don't think him + Paul George in LA would be enough, and Houston would have to gut their roster to afford him. Philly could be a dark horse because they have the cap space to sign him without moving anyone. Media guys keep saying it's between Cleveland and LA, but it all sounds like speculation at this point. No one seems to have legitimate info.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If I had to bet I would say he opts in with the Cavs and punts on the decision until next summer. There doesn't seem to be a good team for him to go to and be a contender immediately, unless he'd take a huge paycut. I don't think him + Paul George in LA would be enough, and Houston would have to gut their roster to afford him. Philly could be a dark horse because they have the cap space to sign him without moving anyone. Media guys keep saying it's between Cleveland and LA, but it all sounds like speculation at this point. No one seems to have legitimate info.

I don't think he knows yet. There obviously isn't a clear decision, so I think he wants to wait and see what CLE does, what PG does, and what happens with Kawhi and SA

7 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Honestly he should stay in Cleveland. But he needs a coach that has a legitimate system. Lue is trash. The Warriors have a legitimate system. Play defense, play fast and have an actual offense. LeBron has been missing that his entire career. He has never had a great coach. Spoelstra is a very good coach but wasn’t strict enough.

The Cavs have several good young pieces I would've liked to see developed last season. Zizic and Osman both played well when given opportunities. I watched all 82 regular season games + the playoffs, and I agree on Lue. We can debate whether LeBron doesn't want a coach, he really is the coach, he doesn't want to play in a system, etc., but Lue is absolutely an awful coach. His rotations are terrible. His defensive strategy is terrible. His in-game adjustments are very bad. His strategy all season was pretty much ride LeBron for 40+ minutes a night and hope that's good enough. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I don't think he knows yet. There obviously isn't a clear decision, so I think he wants to wait and see what CLE does, what PG does, and what happens with Kawhi and SA

The Kawhi situation is interesting. If he stays in SA and signs the supermax I would love to see LeBron go there and play for Popovich. 

Honestly I don’t think LeBron, Kahwi, and George make the Lakers good enough to beat Golden State.

I don’t like LeBron and Simmons together at all so Philly is out imo.

I like Kawhi and LeBron but George is way overrated imo. Need a different third to form a big three.

Idk but I want someone that can beat Golden State.