Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Andrew-_-44

Tired of the fire CTC threads

I don't mind reading the stuff, I'm just disturbed by how un-trusting you all are of Crean, especially after people loved him up until the Cuse game. Maybe I should have titled the thing "Disturbed by the fire CTC talk" instead of "tired of..."

BtownBanners

My trust was running low with Crean long before his coaching led to a team looking like they'd never even heard of a zone defense.  Did you ever sit back to think that maybe, just maybe this season was just the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak?  Maybe it's just the tip of the iceberg?

We've complained about turnovers this year.  His team's have had turnover problems literally every year of his career.  When he says the goal is 10 or less, then 13 counts as a turnover problem.  We've complained about the stagnant half court offense, little ball movement and player movement.  It's been the exact same way the 6 years he's been here, there has been no improvement in that area at all.  The only time there is consistent ball and player movement is the odd occasion he goes away from his base offense, like Michigan, so that should mean his offense is the problem.  We complained about not feeding the post and not utilizing a big man properly.  We said the exact same things the last 2 years with Zeller.  Again the same problem has been present for years and it hasn't been fixed or even improved.  Again it's on his shoulders since it's systemic.

None of those issues appeared just this year, this year we didn't have any shooters to hide the issues so they were too glaring to ignore.  Having players that can make shots can hide the flaws, but it does not mean the flaws aren't still there.

I don't mind reading the stuff, I'm just disturbed by how un-trusting you all are of Crean, especially after people loved him up until the Cuse game. Maybe I should have titled the thing "Disturbed by the fire CTC talk" instead of "tired of..."

BtownBanners

If you followed these boards last year you would know many were questioning Crean long before the tournament. I know for me it was the Butler game when all of Butler's big men had fouled out, we had Cody Zeller, best big man in the country, and we did not attack Butler inside with Cody. And thus we ended up losing a game we should have won. That started it for me.

I'm wondering if Mallory coached the basketball team defense, too. I kid, I kid.

If that happened he would tell them to act like Stauskas doesn't exist. No matter how many shots he made

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="56203" timestamp="1396214545"]The "he can't make them all" method? Then he goes on to make them all.[/quote]

He did that against Michigan football. Gardner and Gallon took full advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure how old a lot of you are, but lets just say that I have been following IU long enough to remember what it was like to make the tourney EVERY year and every 4 to five years, make a run at a Natl. Championship. That is what is, and should be expected at Indiana! No less! If the current administration/coaching staff isn't able to deliver this, then they must go. Hey, I am all for getting attendance up at football games, going to the college world series, winning the soccer championship, as well as being strong in all sports. But lets not kid ourselves here. Crean said it best himself upon his arrival here...THIS IS INDIANA! We should NOT accept mediocrity!

Not sure how old a lot of you are, but lets just say that I have been following IU long enough to remember what it was like to make the tourney EVERY year and every 4 to five years, make a run at a Natl. Championship. That is what is, and should be expected at Indiana! No less! If the current administration/coaching staff isn't able to deliver this, then they must go. Hey, I am all for getting attendance up at football games, going to the college world series, winning the soccer championship, as well as being strong in all sports. But lets not kid ourselves here. Crean said it best himself upon his arrival here...THIS IS INDIANA! We should NOT accept mediocrity!

Bravo! Well said.

After reading all the negative comments about CTC on here, its no wonder we cant get good players to IU. All the bashing on here would make anybody second guess. Sort've like cutting our own throats.

[quote name="ChuckB" post="56339" timestamp="1396223309"]After reading all the negative comments about CTC on here, its no wonder we cant get good players to IU. All the bashing on here would make anybody second guess. Sort've like cutting our own throats.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

We do get good players to IU. The ones that don't come sure as hell don't come because of us. Look no further than the men in the suits as to why we aren't getting it done right now.

After reading all the negative comments about CTC on here, its no wonder we cant get good players to IU. All the bashing on here would make anybody second guess. Sort've like cutting our own throats.

If they don't want to come to IU because of what an anonymous stranger said on one of the many IU fan websites then wow is all I can say. They are going to get much worse in person on the road in the Big Ten than what we say here

[quote name="KingPG21" post="56344" timestamp="1396223996"]If they don't want to come to IU because of what an anonymous stranger said on one of the many IU fan websites then wow is all I can say. They are going to get much worse in person on the road in the Big Ten than what we say here[/quote]i agree with that.