Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
CampHoosier

Vonleh Talks About NBA Choice

[quote name="323SGrant" post="54404" timestamp="1395928564"]I would have liked CTC to experiment with Fischer at the five (before he left) and Vonleh at the four to see if that combination would have been successful.[/quote]

It would have it fisch stayed but at the time I don't think he was ready for those minutes.

I would have liked CTC to experiment with Fischer at the five (before he left) and Vonleh at the four to see if that combination would have been successful.

Abso-freaking-lutly

Vonleh offensive style is more of a 3 or 4. Have him guard the 5 on D and play him as a 3-4 on offense. Figure it out Coach.

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="54407" timestamp="1395928772"]I'm guessing you would have seen that by the end of the year if Luke had stuck around. People forget he had an injury at the beginning of the year and was being worked in slowly.[/quote] My bad Hwy I didn't see your quote first

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="54411" timestamp="1395928994"]Abso-freaking-lutly

Vonleh offensive style is more of a 3 or 4. Have him guard the 5 on D and play him as a 3-4 on offense. Figure it out Coach.[/quote]

Ya but Fischer wasn't ready for those minutes at the time. We probably would have seen then together had he not transferred but who knew he was going to leave. Who would have played the 5 with Vonleh? Please don't say HMP.

I'm not convinced Luke and Vonleh would've happened if he stayed. I think Hanner's minutes would have gone away and Noah and Luke would rotate at the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="54414" timestamp="1395929161"]Recruits don't want to be micro managed. Look at VO for goodness sakes. He averaged 13 ppg. Anyone think that guy should have shot it more?[/quote] Noah can say he was restricted all he wants. Cody could say it as well. Recruits can listen to them. Coach Crean can say that his "restricting" led them to Lottery picks and their game wasn't exposed or over exposed because of his limitations. There are always ways a good salesman can spin things. If I'm Crean, that's my argument right there. Cody & Noah were EXTREMELY efficient at IU. That is fact. Give them 20 shots a game and that won't hold true Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Recruits don't want to be micro managed. Look at VO for goodness sakes. He averaged 13 ppg. Anyone think that guy should have shot it more?

You do realize that 13 ppg is actually pretty solid for a college player. And VO had plenty of other talented players to shoot the ball. I think we did just fine for the majority of the season with balanced shot taking.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="54414" timestamp="1395929161"]Recruits don't want to be micro managed. Look at VO for goodness sakes. He averaged 13 ppg. Anyone think that guy should have shot it more?[/quote] VO was playing on a team with another top 5 pick and 4 1,000 point scorers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Those are all fair points regarding VO. I understand but we could have been better than we were and having VO more involved would have gone a long way in that. Also yogi shooting 2 or 3 threes a game would have really opened up the offense. Cody shooting outside of 5 feet might have helped as well.

I want players to be successful and go pro, but before that, I want to win games. I think his micro managing style is a big reason we lack flow on offense.

The point is, that when recruits see "restricted" they don't think "oh well Noah was limited and could have done more but that was just so his numbers were padded!" That's not how recruits think. Vonleh felt he could have shot more and for whatever reason wasn't given the opportunity. The Big Ten Freshman of the year thought he could do more. Wow. Just Wow

The point is, that when recruits see "restricted" they don't think "oh well Noah was limited and could have done more but that was just so his numbers were padded!" That's not how recruits think. Vonleh felt he could have shot more and for whatever reason wasn't given the opportunity. The Big Ten Freshman of the year thought he could do more. Wow. Just Wow

Do you think that Noah is going to say that his Freshman year in college was the most he can achieve in basketball and it's all downhill from here on?

Wow. Just Wow 

Do you think that Noah is going to say that his Freshman year in college was the most he can achieve in basketball and it's all downhill from here on?

Wow. Just Wow 

Do you think he specifically would say he was held back if he didn't think he was held back?

Do you think he specifically would say he was held back if he didn't think he was held back?

Do you think he would specifically say that there is nothing more in his tank?

[quote name="CampCrean" post="54459" timestamp="1395932471"]Do you think he specifically would say he was held back if he didn't think he was held back?[/quote]

It's a possibility. He can come off as not satisfied to be more appealing to the nba minds. I'm having a hard time trying to explain this so nevermind lol

Do you think he would specifically say that there is nothing more in his tank?

If he said it, then it would be a quote. That's what a quote is, when someone says something and another writes it down. What I said was a direct quote. What you said was nowhere in the article. 

Because he's trying to raise his stock value and he's going to say that he has skills that weren't shown off in college. Like I said, every ncaa 5 who is really a 4 in the NBA does the same thing.