Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

B1G Opponents for 2014-2015

The Big Ten Conference released men's basketball opponents for the 2014-15 season with the 18-game slate having teams playing five opponents in a home and home series, four opponents only at home and four only on the road.

Indiana will have home and home dates with the two newest members of the conference, Rutgers and Maryland. IU also will play two games against Ohio State, Michigan State and Purdue.

The Hoosiers will host Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota and Penn State and will travel to Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Northwestern.

Game dates and start times will be announced at a later date.

HOME & HOME
Maryland
Michigan State
Ohio State
Purdue
Rutgers

HOME ONLY
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota
Penn State

ROAD ONLY
Illinois
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin

Glad to see Purdue back on our Home & Home list....

Road Only list seems pretty favorable (except Wisky)...

Also like the Home only list as those are 4 places that are not fun to have to go play there...

Obviously it changes each year but it appears our B1G season next year will be a little down SOS wise so I hope we play a better pre-conference schedule.....

Not that this is the worst thing, but we'll go back to back years without playing at Iowa. 

Also, I think it's dumb that we didn't get Purdue at home this year but still have to go there next season. 

We just had Nebraska and Wisconsin one time each a couple years ago. 

Did I mention I hate what conference expansion is doing to this league? 

What I like about our B1G schedule next year:

->  Three of our five "double plays" are against lower tier teams (Rutgers, PU, Maryland)

->  MSU should be down a bit after losing Harris, Payne, and Appling

->  Northwestern as a road game only; has the highest % of IU fans of any road arena

->  A single against Michigan; they will have a lot of talent returning

->  Always want to get a home and away with Purdue

What I don't like:

->  Nebraska and Wisky are very, very tough places to travel to

->  A double against OSU; they have a lot coming back and a lot of talent coming in

All in all...I'll take it

Much like football there should be a 'protected rivalry' that always receives a home and home. It wouldn't be too difficult as the rivalries are essentially established.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Do Maryland and Rutgers get each other?

I'm dreading the Big Ten having 14 teams, especially with non-Midwest schools. I think Rutgers will be the punching bag of the B1G for years to come, but then again I also thought that about Nebraska.

[quote name="Hoosierfan1990" post="43183" timestamp="1393633818"]I'm dreading the Big Ten having 14 teams, especially with non-Midwest schools. I think Rutgers will be the punching bag of the B1G for years to come, but then again I also thought that about Nebraska.[/quote]

Yeah I think that everyone just eventually catches up to the competition. Nebraska was horrid and then they caught up in the B1G. The Big12 was never like the B1G from top to bottom when Nebraska was there. Same with the ACC. I think Rutgers will eventually compete.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="hoosier716" post="43260" timestamp="1393670161"]If Vonleh and Yogi stay we win the Big 10 next year[/quote]

They stay, the schedule is cupcake, we win, fans get back on board. Or the B1G can be the usual B1G and nobody knows what will happen.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners