Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Guitar

[quote name="southsidehoosier" post="49495" timestamp="1395110331"]I love Boss pedals. I have 3 boss pedals on my board (Boss tremolo, Boss Reverb and Boss Delay). Those things never break.[/quote]

I think I'll eventually do a multi-effect pedal when I get a better cash flow. I just want to see how I like this pedal if I can get it in this auction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think I'll eventually do a multi-effect pedal when I get a better cash flow. I just want to see how I like this pedal if I can get it in this auction.

You might get hooked going the single stomp box route instead of mulit-effects pedals. That's what I eventually did.

[quote name="southsidehoosier" post="49525" timestamp="1395112497"]You might get hooked going the single stomp box route instead of mulit-effects pedals. That's what I eventually did.[/quote]

What else do I need to get with the pedal as far as cords or anything?

I'm guessing you got 1/4 cables already for guitar and amp. The only thing you'll need is a power supply. They can run off 9V batteries but they go through them really quick. If the pedal doesn't come with a power supply buy a OneSpot power supply. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1Spot9v?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COrAsKWQm70CFYFhMgodgU0Aqg

Two cables, one for input (guitar to pedal) and one for output (pedal to amp).  My suggestion would be Mogami Gold, more expensive but worth it for the quality.  Don't cheap out on cables (from personal experience), it's the link that transmits the signal so a low quality cable can mean a shitty sound.

Thanks guys.

One piece of advice, do your research on cables and educate yourself for when you shop for them.  They really do matter (sorry, Ultimate-Guitar, they do).  They say you pay for what you get and it's generally true, but you don't need to drop $200 on a cable either.  I spent about $50 for my Mogami for a 10 foot cable.  Some cables are more expensive because of quality of materials and the research that goes into them.

Monster Rock is a good cable, I recommend Mogami Gold, some people like DiMarzio, some like Planet Waves (I've used some of their products and like them, but haven't used their cables).  

Also, the signal gets weaker the further it travels so use the shortest cable you need.

I bought a Fender cable mostly because of the name and it hasn't given me any trouble. Everything seems sturdy after about 4-5 months of use. I'll probably stick with those unless they give me any problems. I think it was $15-20 on Amazon. (Amazon rules for basic things like strings, cables, straps)

I don't know anything about Fender cables, but it's big name in music.  The cable I had problems with was like $5 for 10 feet and the package didn't even have a brand on it that I remember, few months later the plug came off in the input jack so I had to get a new cable and replace the input jack.  Lesson learned, hello Mogami cable and Switchcraft input jack.

I am a little late to this forum I guess. I didn't start playing till I was 40, so I guess about 8 yrs now. Always wanted to learn, but never had the time/ funds to do it. I guess I am an intermediate player now. Mostly self taught, but I did take lessons for a year or so. I play mostly blues and rock. I do play some other styles as well, as the teacher that I had taught me the nashville numbering system, which is basically charts as I understand. I currently have 5 guitars, but I went through a bunch to get the ones that I really wanted. My favorite is a 2013 LP Standard that i scrimped and saved forever for. I go through spells that I play a lot, and then other times hardly at all. I can tell that it really hurts me when I don't practice. I have a Fender Blues Jr that I play through most of the time. One of my greatest regrets is that I didn't start playing when I was a lot younger.

Aw come on man, it's only money. Get a Les Paul and have some fun! Like the man said "It's all gone when your dead, you don't take nothing with you but your soul. Think!"

My first guitar was a Memphis Les Paul copy. I don't even know if they make them anymore. I washed dishes at a restarunt weekends to buy it . Hunk of crap, but did the job. Then I bought a Charvel, Japan built. Loved the body type. Gave it away, wished I kept it.

I don't do the motorcycle thing. Don't have a fancy car. Don't have an expensive vice. I look at guitars at art almost. The different sounds, the different looks. I get addicted. 

I told my kids before they started taking lessons, you know they can tell me I can't play ball anymore, they fire me from my job, but they can't tell me I can't play my guitars. It's mine and no one can take it away.

Thats a big reason that I started playing. My body just couldn't hold up to running up and down the court anymore. Actually, the running was fine. It was all the cutting and jumping that I couldn't do anymore. Haha.....a mans gotta have his vices. ; )

Anybody here play the piano? I was thinking about trying to teach myself that too.

If you are serious. There is a lady on youtube that i follow. Her name is Karen Ramirez. Her lessons are pretty easy to understand. Pretty sure that they are all free too. I have never heard her stump for money. She has helped me a lot understanding music theory!

[quote name="Bigdaddy76" post="62277" timestamp="1398373525"]If you are serious. There is a lady on youtube that i follow. Her name is Karen Ramirez. Her lessons are pretty easy to understand. Pretty sure that they are all free too. I have never heard her stump for money. She has helped me a lot understanding music theory![/quote]

Totally serious. I'd love to be able to play piano too. If I decide to go for it I'll definitely check that out.

If you are serious. There is a lady on youtube that i follow. Her name is Karen Ramirez. Her lessons are pretty easy to understand. Pretty sure that they are all free too. I have never heard her stump for money. She has helped me a lot understanding music theory!

Music theory isn't the easiest thing to understand, but it's a necessity to be a well rounded musician.

Anyone ever done a repaint before? Thinking about candy striping my (cheap) strat. I've checked out some internet articles, but if anyone has experience I'd like to ask questions.

Just found out last night that Epiphone made a collegiate series line of Les Paul guitars, including an IU scheme.

xr0mb3dpnt4s9fvqw1or.jpg

That's the headstock, the body is red with a giant IU logo.

Here's the whole guitar and I'll add a picture of the gig bag.

oral9ppo7bcfehvtoios.jpg

zspgujzqtk41pyrqbyhz.jpg

Kind of want, although a Gibson Les Paul goldtop would be sweet.