Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#USMNT - 2014 World Cup

What a game today. I didn't get to watch all of it because of work, but I got to see half the first and all the 2nd. I felt USA was going down when it was tied up, but Brooks had a beautiful header off the corner kick.

What an incredible game to watch. I didn't read all this thread, any word on Altidore (sp)?

Oh, I'm not a bandwagoner fan, I love my country, I'm just not a soccer fan outside of the World Cup. Never grew up watching it at all, but will for USA.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="70677" timestamp="1402978504"]What a game today. I didn't get to watch all of it because of work, but I got to see half the first and all the 2nd. I felt USA was going down when it was tied up, but Brooks had a beautiful header off the corner kick.

What an incredible game to watch. I didn't read all this thread, any word on Altidore (sp)?

Oh, I'm not a bandwagoner fan, I love my country, I'm just not a soccer fan outside of the World Cup. Never grew up watching it at all, but will for USA.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

They said a strained hammy during the broadcast and they're doing more tests tomorrow to see how bad it is. Hopefully Johannson steps up if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="70679" timestamp="1402979722"]They said a strained hammy during the broadcast and they're doing more tests tomorrow to see how bad it is. Hopefully Johannson steps up if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I thought I heard them say it was serious, but I was having to get line-ups and equipment ready for our game tonight.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="70680" timestamp="1402980944"]I thought I heard them say it was serious, but I was having to get line-ups and equipment ready for our game tonight.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Looked bad, but who knows. Dempsey also played most of the game with a broken nose. Took a wicked karate kick to the face in the 1st half.

That game was so much fun to watch. Today was the best start to group play we could have hoped for.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

The entire first group of games have been fantastic really.

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="70680" timestamp="1402980944"]I thought I heard them say it was serious, but I was having to get line-ups and equipment ready for our game tonight. Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote] It was a strain so there was a partial tear but the doctor on ESPN said he was holding the back of his thigh when he went down which was a good sign and not the lower part of the hamstring. He said he will be a long shot for Portugal and possibly for Germany as well but should they advance he might be good to go.

Altidore's injury definitely changed the attitude of the game. Thank god for Brooks goal to lift us up and build some momentum into a huge game Sunday. Incredible game. This sums up the majority of fans now in the US, but I love it anyway. Welcome aboard!
[attachment=948:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1403014652.262918.jpg]

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="70700" timestamp="1403014654"]Altidore's injury definitely changed the attitude of the game. Thank god for Brooks goal to lift us up and build some momentum into a huge game Sunday. Incredible game. This sums up the majority of fans now in the US, but I love it anyway. Welcome aboard!
attachicon.gif [url="https://btownbanners.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=948"]ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1403014652.262918.jpg[/url][/quote]

Lmao that picture is awesome

I'm very worried about our defense against Portugal.  that 2nd half v. Ghana was looking seriously rough.  Ghana had some really good opportunities that i'm sure they are kicking themselves over that they didn't score off them.   Our goalkeeper is great!  but there were a few chances for Ghana where they got a good rip on the ball but missed the target (slightly).   We're very lucky to get this win and 3 points.      

Portugal will be tough, but should make for a great game! 
It hurts that Jozy is out, but hopefully Pepe's absence from the opposition's defense might even things out a bit and give our forwards several good opportunities. 

Lastly, I'm predicting that a win against Portugal will have to come from us being crazy aggressive offensively.  Portugal will score goals on us, there is no doubt, and i'm hoping for no more than 2.  So the US will need to keep us ahead of that with LOTS of shots on goal.

[quote name="Scohutch" post="70706" timestamp="1403017149"]Lastly, I'm predicting that a win against Portugal will have to come from us being crazy aggressive offensively. Portugal will score goals on us, there is no doubt, and i'm hoping for no more than 2. So the US will need to keep us ahead of that with LOTS of shots on goal.[/quote]

The problem with that is Portugal's counter attack, which Germany neutralized, but is still terrifying. I think us attacking and firing shots all over can only lead to Portugal scoring while we struggle to keep up. Keep tabs on Ronaldo and try to keep the pace down. In my amateur soccer strategist opinion.

If form holds, we should only need a draw to advance Sunday. Germany-Ghana is before us and a Germany win would mean we basically only need to tie to advance.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="70705" timestamp="1403016022"]This is awesome by the way: love view of the US on Twitter after Brooks go ahead goal!

[url="https://vine.co/v/MIPtI1nXWrJ"]https://vine.co/v/MIPtI1nXWrJ[/url][/quote]

i love these visual representations! Thx for sharing!

Sent from the can using BtownBanners