Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

Devin Robinson and James Blackmon Set to Announce

Nope. It's Florida.

One thing I don't get is how people criticize Coach Cal for recruiting over players when to me getting Hoetzel to commit is basically the same thing. I doubt many agree with me but Id bet that's how devin saw it too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This question is gonna come up many times but I wonder if he would have chose Indiana had Hoetzel not committed there.. Still wondering how significant this Hoetzel signing will be

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Shirt ended up being there in the end but he's a gator so it didn't matter. Never sure how true the rumors are but many think we have a better shot with JB tmr than we did today.

Nope. It's Florida.

One thing I don't get is how people criticize Coach Cal for recruiting over players when to me getting Hoetzel to commit is basically the same thing. I doubt many agree with me but Id bet that's how devin saw it too.

Hoetzel is NOT over-recruiting Devin.

This question is gonna come up many times but I wonder if he would have chose Indiana had Hoetzel not committed there.. Still wondering how significant this Hoetzel signing will be

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think it's as simple as this:

CTC saw that we had a chance with Devin Robinson, but that UF was gaining and/or passing us.  Therefore, he made sure to court a additional player with a similar skill set. CTC was going to be happy getting either or he would not have offered MH. MH pulled the trigger first.  Done and done.

Hoetzel is NOT over-recruiting Devin.

how's it not? The position was already pretty filled then getting another wing player to commit while trying for a better one. If I was devin that's sure how I'd see it.

Nope. It's Florida.

If that's how he saw it, good riddance

how's it not? The position was already pretty filled then getting another wing player to commit while trying for a better one. If I was devin that's sure how I'd see it.

Devin Robinson is a 5 star recruit. Max H isn't even ranked by some. Please tell me how that over-recruits Devin. Over-recruit means they get a better player.  

Nope. It's Florida.

To me there's no such thing as recruiting over players. You recruit the best players you can with the idea that they fit your system the best. Did we recruit over sheehey by bringing in hollowell? No we just added to our depth. Same thing with Troy and devin Davis at that position this year. Cal does it how he has to which is recruit the best guys he can while still using guys that decide to hang around. Not saying I like him but he does a great job at what people want out of him at UK. Did you want us to let Hoetzel possibly slip to one of the other big time schools after him just bc we were worried about D Rob? There were Florida rumors before the Hoetzel visit was even talked about. Recruiting sucks, it's frustrating and takes way too much time out of my days by paying attention to it, but we are lucky enough to have a great staff of coaches that seem to be doing a pretty darn good job to me at recruiting.

Devin Robinson is a 5 star recruit. Max H isn't even ranked by some. Please tell me how that over-recruits Devin. Over-recruit means they get a better player.

by who's definition? Take the blinders off for a second and look at it from devins point of view. That's how you see over-recruiting. To me if a school only has so many openings and the coach gets a player at my exact position that's over recruiting. I get it blah blah Hoetzel isn't as good but regardless if a coach goes after a kid and gets a commit from someone at my position I'm going to see it as a major turnoff.

And Robinson was a 3 star recruit 4 months ago.... Let's see where MH is in about 5 months.

by who's definition? Take the blinders off for a second and look at it from devins point of view. That's how you see over-recruiting. To me if a school only has so many openings and the coach gets a player at my exact position that's over recruiting. I get it blah blah Hoetzel isn't as good but regardless if a coach goes after a kid and gets a commit from someone at my position I'm going to see it as a major turnoff.

So you're saying you'd run like a chicken at competition. Don't want you on the team then.

To me there's no such thing as recruiting over players. You recruit the best players you can with the idea that they fit your system the best. Did we recruit over sheehey by bringing in hollowell? No we just added to our depth. Same thing with Troy and devin Davis at that position this year. Cal does it how he has to which is recruit the best guys he can while still using guys that decide to hang around. Not saying I like him but he does a great job at what people want out of him at UK. Did you want us to let Hoetzel possibly slip to one of the other big time schools after him just bc we were worried about D Rob? There were Florida rumors before the Hoetzel visit was even talked about. Recruiting sucks, it's frustrating and takes way too much time out of my days by paying attention to it, but we are lucky enough to have a great staff of coaches that seem to be doing a pretty darn good job to me at recruiting.

I see your point. I'm just trying to to show not every person sees everything the same way. The way one person sees a situation isn't the same as another. While most on here will disagree with my point that doesn't mean everyone does and maybe someone like Devin saw it the same way as me.

I have no knocks on Creans recruiting. His recruiting is severely underrated but I'm just showing another perspective.

Over recruiting typically means getting pushed to the back-burner by a better future teammate. Seems like you might be referring to zealous, non-stop recruiting as in "recruiting too much".

Mike Davis, would have waited for Robinson, missed him, and subsequently miss Hoetzel as well, then would scramble to get Grey-Ashely or Cem Dinc.