Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

BtownBanners Meet and Greet

As long as you enjoy what you're doing, it's no big deal, but if ya don't, 4 years of school is a small price to pay for the next 35 years of heading to work at something you love.

I like what I do when I have work.  My project ended and I've had a difficult time finding work.

I forgot to say I did check in at IU before, and while they do have a way to petition for admission despite a bad GPA I didn't meet the qualifications.  It just pains me because that was my dream as a kid.

I like what I do when I have work.  My project ended and I've had a difficult time finding work.

I forgot to say I did check in at IU before, and while they do have a way to petition for admission despite a bad GPA I didn't meet the qualifications.  It just pains me because that was my dream as a kid.

That's too bad. Hopefully things will start coming together.  What field are you in?

That's too bad. Hopefully things will start coming together.  What field are you in?

IT.  Recently applied for a full time network tech position at a local university, didn't hear anything for about a week and got in touch with them and was essentially told they'll call if they want an interview or email if they filled the position.

I started coaching my oldest when she was 4 in tee ball, that is more like containing madness. But I have 5 little league seasons and 4 basketball seasons under my belt. There is nothing better than watching your kids compete.

I can't wait until my daughter gets old enough for me to coach her. At only 8 months I have quite a bit of time before I experience that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't wait until my daughter gets old enough for me to coach her. At only 8 months I have quite a bit of time before I experience that

I remember while my youngest was at the plate saying (out loud) this kid can't hit it is hopeless. Then I looked in the stands and they were speechless, not knowing she was my daughter & I was frustrated with a 6 year old. With that said the cameras are always on boys, the cameras are always on. Have fun you will enjoy the ---- out of it!

I remember while my youngest was at the plate saying (out loud) this kid can't hit it is hopeless. Then I looked in the stands and they were speechless, not knowing she was my daughter & I was frustrated with a 6 year old. With that said the cameras are always on boys, the cameras are always on. Have fun you will enjoy the ---- out of it!

Thanks for the advice. I've had an amazing mentor and former coach. He didn't come to coach until my 8th grade bball season. In 7th grade, no joke, we won 5 total games.....! It was bad. With my coach and later mentor, he took our 8th grade team to 4th in state. We added no new players. He was an amazing coach.

I know I will. Future LPGA star with daddy on the bag. I'm allowed to consider that my 401k retirement plan right?Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My oldest just got the word todayshe made the swim team, my hope is she one day will swim for the all time great IU swim and dive team. But sheis a 5th grader so by winter she may have a new goal or dream. Girls are tricky my friends, give the boys a ball and they are good but girls want sparkles and flip-flops.

My oldest just got the word todayshe made the swim team, my hope is she one day will swim for the all time great IU swim and dive team. But sheis a 5th grader so by winter she may have a new goal or dream. Girls are tricky my friends, give the boys a ball and they are good but girls want sparkles and flip-flops.

LOL. That's awesome she made the team! I honestly think of the women's sports scholarships, Golf is the easiest to get. I had a couple girl friends in college that played golf for IU and Evansville. They normally shot low 80s and if they were really on fire 70s. That's not too difficult to reach with some practice

LOL. That's awesome she made the team! I honestly think of the women's sports scholarships, Golf is the easiest to get. I had a couple girl friends in college that played golf for IU and Evansville. They normally shot low 80s and if they were really on fire 70s. That's not too difficult to reach with some practice

You get no more likes from me, you have like 180, until I get the iphone app. And at my best I shoot in the 90's all day everyday.

You get no more likes from me, you have like 180, until I get the iphone app. And at my best I shoot in the 90's all day everyday.

That's fair I suppose :) I could have sworn they'd be done reviewing the app today... Sooo frustrating. Wish everyone else could experience the love I have for this thing.

That's fair I suppose :) I could have sworn they'd be done reviewing the app today... Sooo frustrating. Wish everyone else could experience the love I have for this thing.

It is only gonna kill my battery but can't wait to try it out, bring it on already.

Here we go:  

Meaning behind username: My name is Jacoby, and I'm a Hoosier

Approximate Age and Location: Final lap in Bloomington

Are you a born and raised IU fan? none other than

When you first knew you were an IU fan? Birth  

What sports did you play in High School and College?  Soccer and Lacrosse

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Colts, Pacers, Chelsea FC, Cincy Reds

Did you attend IU? 2010-2014

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? WatShot in Assembly Hall sophomore year

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? Kareem Abdul Jabar; Victor Oladipo

What is your favorite IU Football memory? Sat in student section for '06 win over Purdue. Game winning FG, Hep's wife with the bucket

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Antwaan Randle El #11 

Best IU Sports game ever attended? - IU over #1 Kentucky

Hey everyone, this is a great thread to get to know everyone, and see their Hoosier Pride. Here we go:

Meaning behind username: Name and year.

Approximate Age and Location: 34 Georgetown,In

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Of course!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? When I was told thats the only team worthy

What sports did you play in High School and College? Baseball, basketball...chicks....

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Cincinnati Reds, Colts, Broncos....chicks...

Did you attend IU? No

What is your favorite IU Basketball memory? Smarts shot

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? MJ - as far as IU, calbert Cheney and Vic Oladipo

What is your favorite IU Football memory? Don't have one

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Just answered that.

Best IU Sports game attended? Never been to a game, went to last years Hoosier Hysteria though

Forgot to answer the meaning behind the name lol Mr Yuk is a band I used to sing/scream for

You've never been to an IU game?  We will have to change that.  We will be doing a tailgate for next year in football.  We did one this year for the Navy game, it was a blast!!!  I don't know if we will be able to do a basketball game, because it has to be a Saturday game.  We can possibly try though. 

No joke, there were four of us (Natural, HoosierReb, UpperArlington[doesn't know we are over here], and myself) snuck in and around Assembly Hall.  The main doors were open to the public, but the gym floor was not.  That didn't stop us (I was the youngest, but the mature one being unsure about it all haha), we went and snuck all around the Hall.  Even made it into a locker room.  It's so much fun!!!

You've never been to an IU game?  We will have to change that.  We will be doing a tailgate for next year in football.  We did one this year for the Navy game, it was a blast!!!  I don't know if we will be able to do a basketball game, because it has to be a Saturday game.  We can possibly try though.  No joke, there were four of us (Natural, HoosierReb, UpperArlington[doesn't know we are over here], and myself) snuck in and around Assembly Hall.  The main doors were open to the public, but the gym floor was not.  That didn't stop us (I was the youngest, but the mature one being unsure about it all haha), we went and snuck all around the Hall.  Even made it into a locker room.  It's so much fun!!!

aw hell that sounds like my kinda mischief lol I'm up for planning somethin like that, I was supposed to meet up with coach mayhew at this years hysteria, but had some personal BS come up, if we do plan a meet up, let's get him involved, I still owe him some of my award winning BBQ, and there would be plenty to go around.

aw hell that sounds like my kinda mischief lol I'm up for planning somethin like that, I was supposed to meet up with coach mayhew at this years hysteria, but had some personal BS come up, if we do plan a meet up, let's get him involved, I still owe him some of my award winning BBQ, and there would be plenty to go around.

We can all chip in for food/costs, and you can be the master bbq'er.  I'm down with that.  Someone will have to bring the co'eds though!

We can all chip in for food/costs, and you can be the master bbq'er.  I'm down with that.  Someone will have to bring the co'eds though!

I'm sure we can work out the details, as far as the co eds...they'll smell the smoke n come a runnin lmao I have a cpl catering jobs in North Vernon, and Columbus in about 2-3 months so that may work out perfect with swingin the smoker through Btown