Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On the post game show, they said that when Pujols signed with the Angels, the Cards got a complimentary draft pick. That draft pick, Michael Wacha! :)

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

They also got Stephen Piscotty with the 36th pick.

Carp's agent told the Boston Globe yesterday that he will retire this winter. Said Carp has basically comeback from five career ending surgeries, six was one too many. Mo has already said there's a job for him in the FO if he wants it. I think he'll take some time off to be with the family then show back up in a year or two as a "special asst." type role. Just my guess... He lives in St. Louis so I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs around quite a bit regardless of job status.  

If the Cards lose tonight, I don't know if I see them winning the series. I don't see us winning game 5, and I don't know if Wacha can repeat again to get to a game 7 with Waino. The offense has only showed up in 2 games this post season, and the rest not much at all.

If Kelly and/or Wacha have bad games, we are screwed IMO. I hope I'm dead wrong, but I feel today is extremely crucial to win!

If the Cards lose tonight, I don't know if I see them winning the series. I don't see us winning game 5, and I don't know if Wacha can repeat again to get to a game 7 with Waino. The offense has only showed up in 2 games this post season, and the rest not much at all.

If Kelly and/or Wacha have bad games, we are screwed IMO. I hope I'm dead wrong, but I feel today is extremely crucial to win!

NO MORE NEGATIVE NELLIE STUFF IN THE CARDS THREAD!!!!!!

You do this again and you're banned from the thread!!!! 

Cards win!!!!!! One more win and we're WS bound!

Like I said, IF they lose lol. Great win, I thought Lynn was going to really let the game go but got the double play. Clutch pitching there. Holiday's homer was a bomb! And a shout out to Robinson, little guy gets a homer.

Possible game series winner tomorrow. I will have it on the radio at work, that's for sure!!!

What do you guys think about this?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/9830549/nlcs-don-mattingly-says-st-louis-cardinals-criticism-celebrations-double-standard

I think there is a difference.  Pitchers and players will pump their fists and yell, that's perfectly fine and I love seeing that in players.  However, it's the dancing, showboating, and watching hits is what fans and players call into question.  I can't stand showboating, and I think that's the main difference here.  The Cardinals players are not, and showing emotion.  I know the Dodgers are extremely excited because they have been struggling this series, but I feel what Mattingly is trying to say is off base. 

Thanks Hwy, makes more sense.

Can't wait for the game tonight, very excited!  Hope Wacha can limit the Dodgers to less than 2 runs.  I think the Cards and Dodgers will both be amped up.  Dodgers don't want to lose, and the Cards don't want a Game 7 and last year's run in their minds.  Will be a very good game.  I won't get to watch part of it, but will be watching most of it!  Come on Wacha!!!!!

You boys gonna win tonight?

Wish I had seen this earlier. The Cards own Kershaw! Chased him in the fifth. Cards 5-0. Could have been worse.