Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

IU Baseball, B1G tournament, May 21-26 @ Omaha

1 minute ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Regardless.. the pitching was really good, and more than good enough to win the game. 

That loss is 100% on the offense. 

When a team has four quality starters that is something you have to consider and not waste your best arm in a driver's seat situation. 

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

When a team has four quality starters that is something you have to consider and not waste your best arm in a driver's seat situation. 

Pitching executed more than well enough to win the game. 

That's all that's relevant in my eyes. 

We should be eating lunch getting ready for tomorrow, but the offense didn't do their job. Very similar to the Michigan game last week, and two games in Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

For the baseball bracketologists in the group, has the squad done enough to this point in the season season and in Omaha over the past three days to earn the at-large bid?  Or do we still see the squad on the bubble w/o the auto-bid?

I think it's really close.  If I had to make a call as things stand now after this morning's loss, I'd say we're not in.  We've got some good wins, but also a few bad losses.  But it's really, really close.

40 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Pitching executed more than well enough to win the game. 

That's all that's relevant in my eyes. 

We should be eating lunch getting ready for tomorrow, but the offense didn't do their job. Very similar to the Michigan game last week, and two games in Lincoln. 

Thats baseball. Sometimes offense doesn't have it and you have to plan for that. Especially against a starter who is really really good on his best days and really really bad on his worst. Unfortunately, for the Hoosiers they go the very good version. I put that as much on Nebraska's very deep pitching and what he did, as much as the offense struggling and it won't get any easier tonight. 

Has Indiana done enough to get in. Would almost have to think of Penny state wins it Indiana gets left out, if they can't figure out how to win this

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Aaron said:

Thats baseball. Sometimes offense doesn't have it and you have to plan for that. Especially against a starter who is really really good on his best days and really really bad on his worst. Unfortunately, for the Hoosiers they go the very good version. I put that as much on Nebraska's very deep pitching and what he did, as much as the offense struggling and it won't get any easier tonight. 

This is exactly why there was no reason to save Bothwell and Buhr.