Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Game Thread: IUFB Spring Game | 8pm on BTN

Havodipo already covered this but I concur. We need more depth on the defensive side of the ball.

It's hard to tell where we stand compared to other schools in our conference but I'm confident we are a much better football team compared to last year's. The offense is much better with a lot of depth at the skilled positions. The defense tackled for the first time last night so I'm not too concerned with some of  the missed tackles. I think the biggest concern I have personally is the lack of depth on defense. Hopefully the injuries heal (James Carpenter, Jailin Walker, and Lanell Carr Jr. in particular) and the portal will take care of all that. 

"We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there." -Coach Cig

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

They all showed some issues there though, I'm sure there will be a lot of rotating in and out to keep guys fresh. He's certainly got the speed to stretch the field and be a big play threat.

Just not a fan, brother! Hope to be wrong, though. 

He did have a massive drop in a game last year, as well, in the exact same situation-- RPO-- to a skinny post/slant. 

And outside of the drop-- he did play well.  

On 4/18/2024 at 9:29 PM, Stuhoo said:

By the time it was done, Rourke was clearly the best quarterback 

I was only able to watch the highlights on TheirTube, but from what I saw, I would give Jackson a slight edge. He seemed to have more zip on his passes and looked very confident out there. But again, just saw a quick highlight video.

1 hour ago, RoadRage said:

I was only able to watch the highlights on TheirTube, but from what I saw, I would give Jackson a slight edge. He seemed to have more zip on his passes and looked very confident out there. But again, just saw a quick highlight video.

Problem I saw with Jackson is that he continues to stare down his receivers.  Rarely if ever did he go through his progressions.

On 4/21/2024 at 7:03 AM, RoadRage said:

On 4/21/2024 at 8:03 AM, RoadRage said:

He was also going against the 2's so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. I will say I was not overly impressed with Rourke but it's still way too early to be worried. I do like the idea of having a solid backup with some experience. 

1 minute ago, rcbowla said:

He was also going against the 2's so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. I will say I was not overly impressed with Rourke but it's still way too early to be worried. I do like the idea of having a solid backup with some experience. 

Correct -- I was at the game. It was generally ones vs ones and twos vs twos. The twos at WR that Jackson was throwing to were McCauley and Addison Cody; pretty good targets and players Jackson is already in synch with.

Rourke was rough for the first few series.

By the last few series I noticed multiple plays where Rourke checked off of multiple covered receivers and delivered a strike to either Sarrat or (likely starting) TE Zach Horton. By the end of the scrimmage it was clear to me that Rourke should be the choice. He plays like a grown-up out there. Him and Horton are going to do some good things together.