Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4-star Nate Ament attends Colgan HS in Manasas, VA  Highland School in Warrenton, VA and played AAU for Team Loaded (NC).  Transferred to Highland for this upcoming season.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2025-names-to-know-top-25-wing-nate-ament/

https://247sports.com/Article/2025-SF-Nate-Ament-breaks-out-as-a-national-prospect-210260833/

Rivals

On3

image.png

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Updated his high school info

Mike Woodson and his staff have been tracking Ament for the better part of a year, although the Hoosiers just now offered Ament. Even in June, Ament said he stayed in touch with Indiana, Maryland, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-2025-four-star-nate-ament-offer-216371828/

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike Woodson and his staff have been tracking Ament for the better part of a year, although the Hoosiers just now offered Ament. Even in June, Ament said he stayed in touch with Indiana, Maryland, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-2025-four-star-nate-ament-offer-216371828/

Looks to have some Brandon Ingram to his game. Pretty stroke. Would love to see measurements here. That’s a long kid. 

Last night Highland lost to Moravian Prep 82-66.  At the end of the 1st Q, Highland led 28-26 as the teams combined to hit 11 3-pointers.  But Moravian controlled the game the rest of the way.  I had Ament with 21p ( 7-14 FG; 4-9 on 3s; 1-3 on FT); 8r; 21; 2b; 4t. 3 of his 4 TOs were dribbling related.  Just one game but he didn't stand out.  If I had randomly tuned into this game I never would have expected to later learn he held  an IU offer.  

Game is available on YouTube.  

Highland lost 67-53 to STAB.  I had Ament with 18p; 4r; 0a; 0s; 0b; 2t.    7-10 FG; 0-2 on 3s; 4-6 FT.

He played the 1st half like he was in a coma and wasn't much of a factor on the court.  He'd catch the ball; demonstrate some fancy stationary dribbling but then he'd pass it off.   2nd half he played like the #13 ranked player scoring 11p and grabbing 3r only missing a single FG attempt in that half.  He had 3 consecutive turnaround stepback jump shots that were very smooth.  Not sure he likes to mix it up underneath as I don't think he made a single drive to the basket.  

https://fan.hudl.com/usa/va/charlottesville/organization/682/st-annes-belfield--high-school

MaxPreps Junior All-American Honorable Mention.

Darius Adams, La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.)

6-5 | Guard | Uncommitted

Top 20 prospect averaged 15.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game to help the Lakers (23-5) to the No. 9 spot in the final National Top 10.

Rivals doing a countdown of it's 5-star rated players.

At No. 10 is SF Nate Ament ( @NateAment15 )  “The 6-foot-9 Ament is an upside bet that has spent the spring turning potential into production and is beginning to look like a future pro. There are few prospects in the class that can match the well-rounded skill set of ament, who can handle it and fill it up from deep. He still needs to add significant muscle before he reaches his true two-way potential but his length and skill make his upside absolutely tantalizing. Virginia, Virginia Tech, Indiana and Duke are among the programs to watch in Ament’s recruitment.”

He's the epitome of ranked on potential. He's a status recruitment to show us involved with top 10 players. Imo I see Bobi Klintmam when I've seen him. He could pass for a French wing. 

53 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

DMV event on the east coast and coach Hunter there to watch Ament.  Last night he had a 41pt, 27 reb, 6 blk game.    Woody, Walsh & Hulls at the Charlie Hughes Shootout in Indy today watching Braylon Mullins among others.

2 things: 1) Ament laid that stat line on DeMatha. How the mighty have fallen. 2) The Hughes shootout games are apparently played in 10 minute running quarters. So the kid dropped 41/27 with a 40 min running clock. That is nuts.