Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Paige Bueckers vs. Caitlin Clark -- should be interesting. 

If you’re the Fever you obviously take Clark for a million good reasons, but, my Lord, Bueckers is a good player. There is literally no roster construction she can’t improve. 

8 hours ago, Demo said:

If you’re the Fever you obviously take Clark for a million good reasons, but, my Lord, Bueckers is a good player. There is literally no roster construction she can’t improve. 

Considering Bueckers has already said she is going back to UConn next year and not entering draft, the choice between the two is not even available.  

Other high picks are expected to be big's and Clark is only guard projected in the top-10 so there is not even an alternative to consider besides Clark for Fever. They already have their franchise big in Aliyah Boston.   

Does anyone know answer:   Oklahoma game.

Last night LSU went to locker room during National Anthem.  

IU Ladies did what IU does vs Oklahoma which means standing at attention.

Did Oklahoma go to locker room during National Anthem or stand in their corner near where they huddle?…..Did not see them on the court.

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

Does anyone know answer:   Oklahoma game.

Last night LSU went to locker room during National Anthem.  

IU Ladies did what IU does vs Oklahoma which means standing at attention.

Did Oklahoma go to locker room during National Anthem or stand in their corner near where they huddle?…..Did not see them on the court.

From news article:

Mulkey says it was unintentional. She said she didn’t know when the anthem would be played and that the team’s pre-game routine involves leaving the court 12 minutes before tip-off.

“Honestly I don’t even know when the anthem was played,” she explained. “We kind of have a routine where we are on the floor then they come off at the 12-minute mark. I don’t know. We come in and we do our pre-game stuff. I’m sorry. Listen, that’s nothing intentionally done.”

Not sure about Oklahoma.  

1 minute ago, Todd41 said:

From news article:

Mulkey says it was unintentional. She said she didn’t know when the anthem would be played and that the team’s pre-game routine involves leaving the court 12 minutes before tip-off.

“Honestly I don’t even know when the anthem was played,” she explained. “We kind of have a routine where we are on the floor then they come off at the 12-minute mark. I don’t know. We come in and we do our pre-game stuff. I’m sorry. Listen, that’s nothing intentionally done.”

Not sure about Oklahoma.  

In other words, they did not leave when the anthem was played; they were already back in the locker room and no one told them it was time to come out?

That is very different and they got really screwed if so.

57 minutes ago, TTT said:

I know about LSU and that program image.

I was wondering about Oklahoma game. 

I get that. Could not find anything about that game.  Just thought is was interesting on the LSU reason.

4 hours ago, Todd41 said:

I get that. Could not find anything about that game.  Just thought is was interesting on the LSU reason.

Thanks.  
Reason I noted Oklahoma was because I was at the game.  And before the National Anthem I seen team members walk off the floor if I remember correctly.  It struck me as odd at the time because IU Ladies were at attention on the floor.  Oklahoma was not.  But I was not sure if they were in the corner close to their bench when it was playing.  Just wondering what teams are doing currently and that includes all sports.

For LSU….I don’t really believe their coach.  (she has only been doing this nearing a half century).  Program has turned into exaggeration and victim hood mentality.

I guess from what I am reading things have changed in that it’s not uncommon for teams not to be on the floor for National Anthem.

But Kim Mulky playing dumb and evading question.

Not sure how much interest there is (other than from me, who lives in Virginia) ... 

Megan Duffy leaving Marquette for Virginia Tech. She was 110-46 in Milwaukee -- pretty impressive mark. She replaces Kenny Brooks, who left Blacksburg for Kentucky. 

That's the second hoops coach Tech has poached from Marquette (first was Buzz Williams). 

We've taken one hoops coach from Indiana State. Maybe we should go get another!!! 

23 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not sure how much interest there is (other than from me, who lives in Virginia) ... 

Megan Duffy leaving Marquette for Virginia Tech. She was 110-46 in Milwaukee -- pretty impressive mark. She replaces Kenny Brooks, who left Blacksburg for Kentucky. 

That's the second hoops coach Tech has poached from Marquette (first was Buzz Williams). 

We've taken one hoops coach from Indiana State. Maybe we should go get another!!! 

What's weird about the one IU took from Indiana State is that it was done in desperation after a scandal with the previous coach and she had almost no success with the Sycamores. 

Hoosiers really lucked out Moren has turned out to be what she has. 99 times out of 100 a hire like this fails. Fortunately IU got the one time the $1 lottery ticket won the million dollar jackpot after their more expensive $10 lottery tickets failed who had better resumes coming in (Kathi Bennett, Felisha Legette Jack, Sharon Versyp).

Really remarkable when you think about it all. 

Though T. Moren did not have elite level success nor name recognition she did have some success at both, Indianapolis and Indiana State for the athletes that she was coaching.  Both programs improved significantly under T. Moren.  Her biggest strengths were as player under Dunn and assistant coaching positions…Northwestern, Butler, and Georgia Tech.  I thought it was a very good hire at the time and I also at the time did not follow Ladies basketball that much.  And at the very beginning of T. Moren hire it was like instant coffee.  I started to follow IU Ladies basketball program.  She had been around the block some and I don’t think it was a lucky hire at all…it was a solid hire that I thought was at the very least very good.

I'm going to ignore Mulkey and the anthem cuz it's Mulkey and she's long established where she sits on the political aisle despite all her claims of being nonpartisan. 

I'm more concerned about how crummy the NCAA runs things with the women.  They sure as heck don't let mismatched 3 point lanes and ineligible referees slide during the men's tournament.   It's a growing business and they're treating it like an Olympic sport which means "eh, just toss a few bucks and let God sort it out". 

Pretty cool that the Iowa - LSU game was the most watched college game ever. And what a game - totally lived up to the hype.

The Iowa - UCONN game should be a good one as well. 
Re IU Women’s ball, I’ve really only gotten into it the past couple seasons, glad I did, so well coached and man these women can play. The shooting is special, but the reads, the switches, the movement off ball, the outlet passes, so much there. Now to get to the level of an LSU or SC need to add more athleticism, but they’re close

20 hours ago, TTT said:

Though T. Moren did not have elite level success nor name recognition she did have some success at both, Indianapolis and Indiana State for the athletes that she was coaching.  Both programs improved significantly under T. Moren.  Her biggest strengths were as player under Dunn and assistant coaching positions…Northwestern, Butler, and Georgia Tech.  I thought it was a very good hire at the time and I also at the time did not follow Ladies basketball that much.  And at the very beginning of T. Moren hire it was like instant coffee.  I started to follow IU Ladies basketball program.  She had been around the block some and I don’t think it was a lucky hire at all…it was a solid hire that I thought was at the very least very good.

In four years at Indiana State she never made the NCAA Tourney. Yes they got a lot better in that time, but to hire someone with that resume is really risky to a program with no previous success. Doesn't mean it couldn't work out (which it clearly has in a big way), but ask anyone at IU and I would expect they would tell you they were unsure if this would work given the desperation the hire was made with.

I could not be more thrilled but the reaction at the time from most people was "who is that?" and was more likely to fail then succeed. Even early in her tenure was up and down. Fortunately Indiana stuck with her and program has taken off but no one could have expected this a decade ago when she was brought in.    

20 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I'm going to ignore Mulkey and the anthem cuz it's Mulkey and she's long established where she sits on the political aisle despite all her claims of being nonpartisan. 

I'm more concerned about how crummy the NCAA runs things with the women.  They sure as heck don't let mismatched 3 point lanes and ineligible referees slide during the men's tournament.   It's a growing business and they're treating it like an Olympic sport which means "eh, just toss a few bucks and let God sort it out". 

The men's and women's tourney have the same amount of money spent on them. 

20 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Just an FYI that Fairfield was also in the locker room during the national anthem when they played IU. No idea if Mulkey was making a statement or not but it has indeed happened with other teams unintentionally as it did in Bloomington against the Stags.