Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

Nick Sheridan Fired as OC

32 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Trying not to hijack this thread..  First I'm happy for him and his team for what they accomplished, glad to see that community bring home the hardware.  But Allen doesn't get past Regionals if not for a few kids transferring in. Two in particular. The two never left the field and one had a key 4th and 8 play on defense. And during his HS career his competition level week after week wasn't something to speak about. I've seen him play and I'm a firm believer had his HS career been played in the conference the two players I spoke about above came from we might not be talking about him like this at all. Allen is good but let's pump the breaks here on just how good he is. We'll find out soon enough now that he'll be playing in the big boy league. Best of luck to him for sure but I'm not believing the hype, keep in mind he's never won a Sectional up until his team was built by the transfer portal.  It might actually be a good thing he's going to that school up north. Time will tell though and I hope I don't eat crow for posting this.

This is interesting....who transferred in and where did they transfer from? I can only assume one of them is the WR going to Air Force? I'm from the same area and I've been nothing short of impressed with what the GS football program has been able to do recently, knowing what it was like back when I was around, though admittedly I've only ever followed closely enough to know if they were actually good or not. I watched the whole game on Friday and came away pretty impressed with Allen, but it's the first high school football game I've watched in over 20 years so I don't have any relevant basis for comparison. So I think I may have just mostly been impressed with Gibson Southern winning a state championship in football, and coming back from down 26-7 to a team from Indy to do it. I still can't believe that's real. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This is interesting....who transferred in and where did they transfer from? I can only assume one of them is the WR going to Air Force? I'm from the same area and I've been nothing short of impressed with what the GS football program has been able to do recently, knowing what it was like back when I was around, though admittedly I've only ever followed closely enough to know if they were actually good or not. I watched the whole game on Friday and came away pretty impressed with Allen, but it's the first high school football game I've watched in over 20 years so I don't have any relevant basis for comparison. So I think I may have just mostly been impressed with Gibson Southern winning a state championship in football, and coming back from down 26-7 to a team from Indy to do it. I still can't believe that's real. 

Two OL from Castle, both were 1st team all conference their Jr. season. These two never left the field (#63 and #72) this year. And a LB (#43) from Robinson, Illinois.  I don't know much about the Illinois kid. That's who I know of for sure. All three of them were major factors for GS's success this year.  Anybody telling they weren't is either bias or blind to the game. I know the two that left Castle really did damage to this year's Castle's team as I witnessed that in both of Castle's regular season losses.  Had they stayed Castle might have been undefeated regular season and a good chance to repeat of last year's 5A tournament success.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Two OL from Castle, both were 1st team all conference their Jr. season. These two never left the field (#63 and #72) this year. And a LB (#43) from Robinson, Illinois.  I don't know much about the Illinois kid. That's who I know of for sure. All three of them were major factors for GS's success this year.  Anybody telling they weren't is either bias or blind to the game. I know the two that left Castle really did damage to this year's Castle's team as I witnessed that in both of Castle's regular season losses.  Had they stayed Castle might have been undefeated regular season and a good chance to repeat of last year's 5A tournament success.

Ah, I had no idea. I imagine they knew they needed to bring in a few pieces to get over the hump. 

Has Indiana relaxed its transfer rules?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Has Indiana relaxed its transfer rules?

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Yea not sure how those kids transferred in

I wondered the same exact thing. Maybe Castle allowed it? Has me shaking my head on the future of HS football in the state of Indiana.