Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Coach Woodson 7pm Monday Radio Show w/link

9 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Anything else interesting mentioned

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Told a funny story about being with the Knicks and Glen Grunwald.  He was designated the team's "defensive coordinator" and when Grunwald asked about how he was going to approach the task, he said he would break the games into thirds and each assistant would share the game planning - only to be interrupted and told HE would be doing every game.  He said he didn't sleep much with 3-5 games per week.

With that much work on preparing defense at the highest level, I think we're in great shape on that side of the ball.

He also mentioned that he is working on teaching X and Rob how to run the team.

When I listen to Coach, you can just tell he knows what he is talking about. I never felt that with the previous coaches. Dakich has Painter on at times and that is a good listen. I feel like I learn something about basketball. Same with Woody. 
Except the fan question about what a particular call was and woody admitted he don't know most the calls and has to ask his assistants what is going on lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Except the fan question about what a particular call was and woody admitted he don't know most the calls and has to ask his assistants what is going on lol

Seriously...I bet half the time he's thinking "why in the world did play stop AGAIN?!?"

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

The question from a fan was the signal for one call, and by the description he gave it was the player cylinder violation call. 

I don't remember Woody saying he doesn't know about most calls. Only that refs interpret the rules differently about him coming out onto the floor to check and injured player.

The question from a fan was the signal for one call, and by the description he gave it was the player cylinder violation call. 
I don't remember Woody saying he doesn't know about most calls. Only that refs interpret the rules differently about him coming out onto the floor to check and injured player.
Lol I guess I took it wrong. Yes I believed it to player cylinder violation.

53 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Lol I guess I took it wrong. Yes I believed it to player cylinder violation.

No prob. My background makes me take everything very literally. Little room for interpretation in my mind. That's a flaw I've had to live with most of my life. Wasn't picking on you.