Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread: 9/4 @ Iowa - 3:30 - BTN

19 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Hiya UA!  Yeah, Marion's Pizza is an institution in the Dayton OH area.  Like that it is local and has lots of seating.  

But am a fan of other pizzas and places.  Rip Rap Roadhouse previously Jackass Flats; Manhattan; Jet's; Little York Tavern; some have nice patios.  Like the Dayton area for the huge complex of bike trails; parks; approachable people; cultural advantages including the new Levitt Pavilion that has over 50 free outside music event downtown with beer and wine!  And there is minimal rush hour traffic.  And cost of living is below average.   

Used to live in Evansville; B-town; Madison WI;  Virginia Beach and eastern Connecticut...fun places but love the Midwest.  Waiting for Madison WI to get warmer through global changes...then would seriously consider moving there...if I could turn back the clock.  Would move to S Diego if they got 25 inches of rain a year instead of 2.5" per...and I had an extra $2 million.  You like UA?

Yeah, the game was tough...but we all knew it would be...and it put a big cloud over the program that may last a while.  On the other hand, we did learn a lot and got the twitches behind us.  Tough place to play.

glad to hear you're enjoying Dayton. My father in law was a GM parts supplier when they were booming in Moraine in the 70's. My wife's brother in law used to be the UD AD, retiring a few years ago, and we have been to a few games at UD arena. Great venue. Madison is supposed to be a great town with the lakes and friendly people. I grew up in Cleveland in the 70's and couldn't get out of that town fast enough. Both my kids are at Ole Miss now and we love that SEC atmosphere and Oxford. UA is a great Columbus suburb, high taxes, but great schools. Will be going to the Grove this fall for another game. A site to behold with the game day atmosphere, restaurants and food and cordial student body.

I’m more worried about Penix . I think he’s thinking about the knee (rightly so). Typically you see him moving all around the field and we didn’t see much of that. Sadly a lot of his game is contingent of being a dual threat and if he’s not defenses could focus on the running game and that’s all she wrote. 

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m more worried about Penix . I think he’s thinking about the knee (rightly so). Typically you see him moving all around the field and we didn’t see much of that. Sadly a lot of his game is contingent of being a dual threat and if he’s not defenses could focus on the running game and that’s all she wrote. 

He runs around behind the line of scrimmage a lot, but in college he’s never really been a true dual threat/running threat. This is his fourth season here and he’s only ran 49 times for 182 yards during his IU career. Last year he ran 18 times for 25 yards. For comparison, last year at Northwestern Peyton Ramsey ran the ball 84 times for 247 yards. Penix should be a dual threat because he’s plenty athletic enough, but it just hasn’t really happened. Defenses know he isn’t going to take off and run. Probably a good thing honestly with how injury prone he is.

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Michael Penix is not a dual threat QB. Don’t fall into that trap. He isn’t even the 2nd most athletic QB on the roster regardless of injuries. 

19 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Michael Penix is not a dual threat QB. Don’t fall into that trap. He isn’t even the 2nd most athletic QB on the roster regardless of injuries. 

I would agree, he’s not dual threat. The play that he tore his acl last year felt like one of the few times he ran all year.