Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Rank the IU Former Player Candidates

11 hours ago, HoosierKnight said:

Fife & Lewis. The others shouldn’t even be under consideration. Some of them could be assistants, but that’s it. 

Exactly. Anyone else is recycling coaches. 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If it has to be an IU guy Alford is the only one who makes any sense.  Hire Alford with Lewis as his top assistant and I'd be okay with the hire. 

I’m literally no. Alford makes zero sense.  Fife makes 1000 times as much sense as Alford.  Alfords character aside he has proven himself to not be able to get it done 

Got a question for anyone who might know.

After the initial furor over what happened at Iowa, did Alford ever issue any kind of an apology or explanation for his position on the whole thing? I never really followed the situation past the point of initial disgust at the time.

4 minutes ago, T White said:

Got a question for anyone who might know.

After the initial furor over what happened at Iowa, did Alford ever issue any kind of an apology or explanation for his position on the whole thing? I never really followed the situation past the point of initial disgust at the time.

He kept insisting he did nothing wrong, then when he was hired at UCLA, issued a half-assed "apology" -- but only because he was getting hammered about it. ... At least that's my recollection of it. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

He kept insisting he did nothing wrong, then when he was hired at UCLA, issued a half-assed "apology" -- but only because he was getting hammered about it. ... At least that's my recollection of it. 

He backtracked the apology later as well 

42 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

OK. Just did some reading up on it all. The first time Pierce got in trouble, it was the school rather than the coach who suspended him. That seems a bit odd to me, because I would think the coach would be the first to act, before it got to the school administration level. Then a couple years later he got in trouble again, and this time Alford did boot him from the team. Of course, given the previous situation, this raises the question as to whether Alford made the decision independently, or whether his hand was forced by the school.

In any case, it is a deep stain.