Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU MVP vs Iowa

Ya know?
In the game thread there was a flood of good comments about every one of the nine players that saw the court tonight.

I agree. Outside of the charity shots, which remains a problem, I don’t think I was unhappy with anybody on the team this evening. It was a really well played game. I also think this was the first 40 minute effort in the conference schedule. Seems weird to congratulate the players for that,but I’m going to do it in hopes that it continues.
Gotta get that free throw line in check. I figure if Bohannon had even an average game tonight, we’d have lost that one, because of the line performance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good minutes from all three freshman that played.  Race is is going to feel this one tomorrow battling Garza.  This would be another TJD MVP had he not missed half his free throws, and foul issues.  I'd call this a draw between Al an Rob.  Both had good stat lines.  Rob played crazy wicked defense, and Al was clutch at the line at the end.

What a peasant surprise!!! Who is your IU MVP in their victory at Iowa?

TJD - 23pts, 7rebs, and 1blk

Rob - 18pts, 3asts, and 3rebs

Al - 14pts, 5rebs, and 3asts

Geronimo - 7pts, 1reb, and 1ast

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Geronimo and Leal

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cappymo14 said:

Co MVP for me.
Rob and Race
If the award doesn’t go to one or both of these kids, I would call for the thread to be shut down forever. Rob was fantastic. Yeah, my man hit some shots, but did you see what he did to Bohannon? Dude didn’t just have an off night. It’s like I said in the game thread, “Bohannon is struggling because he’s wearing 2 jerseys. #3 and #10.

Race. My man. Face it. If he didn’t come to fight, there is no way in hell this results in a win. Brother battled that monster all damn night. I was moved to tears watching him refusing to be bullied.

Give it to those two and shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn’t see the game but when IU isn’t needing him to score is when we will be our best.  

Rob for me but total team effort for win. Al hit the bit free throws down the stretch. Geronimo better get more minutes as he is a impact player. Leal stepped in did good hit a big 3. Tjd did enough race did good. Forgetting some but total team effort

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree on Rob & Race and it is hard to pick... I guess Rob based on points and leadership....

When they started pressing at the end Franklin gave it up, Al was hurried, but Rob was calm and collected no issues...

When we started Rob hit a few shots and NEVER let up on defense.

Race was a monster all night and Garza wanted nothing to do with him.... I thought some of the fouls called against him were pretty weak and if he wasn't in foul trouble Garza may not have ever scored (tic)...

I get that TJD does some good, but he was nowhere close to the MVP race last night.... he scored some points only because he is the focal point of our offense but I thought he was terrible all night long.... couldn't hit a FT, seemed timid and scared of Garza to start, had 1 really nice spin move and immediately started trash talking... then 4 straight possessions forced terrible "shots" (he actually got the ball and hurriedly threw it at the rim/backboard, I wouldn't even call them shots)…. He makes some big plays and when he does it is big time motivation to get the rest of the team going but....

Geronimo and Leal

Rewatching the game further reaffirms my choice of Geronimo and Leal. The minutes they gave(especially Geronimo on Garza) after not getting much playing time this season is my reasoning.

But there really is no wrong choice.

I love these polls, but I flipped back and forth last night between this game and hockey.  That's where I am with IU basketball anymore unfortunately. 

From my in and out, TJD gets my vote.  Fraction it out as you may.  He played so well against the POY, he gets it

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I love these polls, but I flipped back and forth last night between this game and hockey.  That's where I am with IU basketball anymore unfortunately. 

From my in and out, TJD gets my vote.  Fraction it out as you may.  He played so well against the POY, he gets it

Somebody tried to tell me Garza outplayed TJD at Lowe’s today and I thought maybe they were right just because the box score only says so much. But they were not right. TJD outplayed Garza 

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Somebody tried to tell me Garza outplayed TJD at Lowe’s today and I thought maybe they were right just because the box score only says so much. But they were not right. TJD outplayed Garza 

TJD n Garza really didn’t play against each other all that much.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Fraction it out as you may.  What I saw was more impressive than I expected

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I understand that.  But comparatively. TJD was better defensively and much more efficient offensively. 

Garza took 22 shots and 9 FTs to get 28 points and had 4 turnovers.