Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Illinois Game Thread 03/01 2 PM BTN

BTW, I believe that a student must have completed one math credit beyond algebra 2 in order to gain admittance to IU Bloomington.  That typically means that the student has completed algebra 1 before the high school level.  If Lander has done that, at the minimum he would be a decent student.

3 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

We had a shot at the end. A game we will win next year with Lander.

I hope. I am careful with my expectations on Khristian. I said yesterday he feels like a 10 3 and 3 guy his first year.  Don't get me wrong, I'm from Evansville and I am pumped that this kid is going to be a Hoosier. I just think this team needs more. IU needs someone on this team to improve like Eli Brooks did this past year. He went from barely playing to becoming a key starter. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I sent you a PM about the real story last month..

Thanks.  Must have forgotten you had sent that to me and just read it.

Holt certainly has had a bad string of luck.  Dude nearly died at Providence when he lost 50 pounds in two months to a mysterious illness.  He was granted a sixth year.  He's actually playing his final season now despite first playing at IU in 2014-5.  He's averaging 5 points and 4 rebounds per game in 15 minutes.

As long as it doesn't effect IU making the tourney, I'm pulling for Providence to get there so Holt gets to play in a tourney.

1 hour ago, ILHoosier said:

We need something next year. Like I've said in the past. We have 3-3star guards & 1-4 star guard, playing like a 3 star, who have not developed. Just hanging in there is not good enough. We don't have a go to guy at end of game. NONE. Haven't had for a long time. 

Guard play has been (with the exception of Romeo) terrible since Yogi.

Certainly getting off topic here, but a couple of thoughts on the Minnesota/Wisky game:

Very competitive game.  Positives for Minnesota:  they haven't packed it up since the IU loss and have put good performances together against Northwestern, Maryland, and Wisconsin.

The downside for them:  they don't finish out games and those positive efforts against NW, Maryland, and Wisky only netted one win.  Total meltdown against Maryland (and, yes, Maryland did need some luck to win that one).  Against Maryland, they blew a 7 point lead with two minutes left.  Today, they were up 4 with 1:44.  I actually thought they got a pretty favorable whistle today against Wisky -- something that doesn't usually happen in Madison -- and didn't take advantage.  Part of their late game issues could be from Pitino playing their starters so many minutes, but part of that is that their bench isn't very good. 

Going into their last two games at 13-15, two things could happen:  they can keep playing hard or they could see the road ahead to end the season isn't going to yield anything positive.  To even be considered for the NIT, they would need to win their next two games and a game in the BT tournament to even be eligible for NIT consideration.   

Listened to the podcast Jim Coyle does with Todd Leary. Fisch is on every Monday, and he said when they reviewed the elbow, the replay folks stopped it before the elbow was thrown. 

Then I see the video above, where that's a trip, all day long. IU shouldn't have put themselves in that position where officiating could hurt them, but damn it, man, there need to be some consequences to these officials. 

13 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Listened to the podcast Jim Coyle does with Todd Leary. Fisch is on every Monday, and he said when they reviewed the elbow, the replay folks stopped it before the elbow was thrown. 

On Dan Dak’s show Fish said that in some games the network controls the replay and in others the school does. In the Illinois game it was Illinois personnel that controlled the replay for this game.

Fish went on to say that he could see the replay monitor and that it showed the elbow being thrown but when the refs came over to take a look the UI employee (or whoever UI pays to run it) showed the refs the replay three times but each time stopped before the elbow was thrown. The refs asked if there was anything else to see and the replay guy said no. Fish was beside himself and the refs never saw the elbow. That dude needs to be fired. 
I hope IU takes this to the league.

Missing a call is one thing. Purposely hiding what happened is an entirely different deal.

On Dan Dak’s show Fish said that in some games the network controls the replay and in others the school does. In the Illinois game it was Illinois personnel that controlled the replay for this game.
Fish went on to say that he could see the replay monitor and that it showed the elbow being thrown but when the refs came over to take a look the UI employee (or whoever UI pays to run it) showed the refs the replay three times but each time stopped before the elbow was thrown. The refs asked if there was anything else to see and the replay guy said no. Fish was beside himself and the refs never saw the elbow. That dude needs to be fired. 
I hope IU takes this to the league.
Missing a call is one thing. Purposely hiding what happened is an entirely different deal.

The Big Ten would have to care.. they don’t give a **** as long as the money is coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app