Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Braeden Moore is a candidate for Tennessee's Mr. Basketball in Division II-A.   On the season he's averaging 21 ppg; 8.5 rpg and has made 73 3-point buckets.

I know nothing about the structure of high school athletics in TN so no idea what Division II-A comprises.

Been last summer since we've heard anything on PG Tre Holloman who attends Cretin Derham Hall HS in St. Paul, MN.  But The Daily Hoosier re-posted a tweet from Holloman's AAU team with his current year's high school stats so I'm assuming we still have some degree of interest in this young man.

High School Season averages: 21.7 PPG /  9.6 APG /  5.8 SPG  /   5.5 RPG  /   93.1% FT  /   38.2% 3pt

Travis Branham of 247Sports -  2022 five-star prospect Enoch Boakye has recently picked up new interest from Illinois, Indiana and Syracuse, source tells @247Sports.  Join the mix with Maryland, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Wake Forest.

For those unfamiliar with this name,  he had previously committed to Michigan State but announced his de-committment earlier this week.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/02/15/michigan-state-basketball-decommit-2022-enoch-boakye/6751486002/

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/enoch-boakye-decommits-from-michigan-state

Rivals

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Has Central Noble's Connor Essegian been mentioned yet?  I heard Creighton has been in contact with him.

He's kinda interesting--247 has him ranked 86th nationally but he's off the radar everywhere else. 

If Creighton is interested I assume he's a big time outside shooter?

Edit--just watched a few highlights--the young fella has a great stroke.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's kinda interesting--247 has him ranked 86th nationally but he's off the radar everywhere else. 

If Creighton is interested I assume he's a big time outside shooter?

Edit--just watched a few highlights--the young fella has a great stroke.

Helluva shooter from what I have seen of him.  He became the school's all-time leading scorer earlier this year passing Mike Young('78 Arkansas FF team).  He really doesn't get much pub from the FW area either.  

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Helluva shooter from what I have seen of him.  He became the school's all-time leading scorer earlier this year passing Mike Young('78 Arkansas FF team).  He really doesn't get much pub from the FW area either.  

Sadly, he may not fit the packline prototype     :(         yeesh

Wonder why Purdue and ND aren't on him?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sadly, he may not fit the packline prototype     :(         yeesh

Wonder why Purdue and ND aren't on him?

I imagine Purdue is with Brad Miller hailing from East Noble.  

I also wonder how much more the kid will grow.

Archie had started recruiting Leon Bond SF from Milwaukee, WI.  Remains to be seen if our interest will continue under Woody and what type of talent he will recruit once next season's roster is finalized.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Wisconsin-wing-Leon-Bonds-stock-is-set-to-take-off-163862895/

Bond has received an offer from Shaka Smart and Marquette.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Marquette offer

Four-star junior Chandler Jackson had landed a long-awaited offer from Penny Hardaway last night. He elaborated on that, talked Leonard Hamilton and FSU, plus, Indiana and Texas inquiring & more with @Stockrisers.

6'4" combo guard attending Christian Brothers HS in Memphis.  

Hudl

Future 150

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Guess we are gonna find out if Ya can pull kids from Atlanta to Indiana. 

Banks seems far into his recruitment.   Bama, Georgia, Georgia Tech were mentioned in the latest 247 article I read earlier.  Definitely will be interesting if IU has a chance to play catch-up