Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

Nevermind, they just posted. I won! Beat the Honolulu Orcas 74-73

Also won our first game, 61-58. As I feared, rebounding and poor shooting nearly did us in. 38% from the field, and a healthy 0-8 from downtown, -15 on the boards (gave up 24 offensive rebounds). We did get to the line 18 times, had 16 assists and only 9 to's, and came up with 8 steals. Also held them to 35% from the field, 6.7% from 3. I'll take that defensive effort every game. Feels good to be back at it!

Does offering a scholarship count as 15 RP? Still maxed at 17. Or for that week is it 32? Does this make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good question, forgot about that part of it. It would be 32 for that week. Each week a bonus is given for offering a scholarship.
Week 1 - 15
Week 2 - 13
Week 3 - 11
Week 4 - 9
Week 5 - 7
Week 6 - 5
Week 7 - 3
Week 8 - 1
This is only a one time bonus the first time you offer a scholly.

7 minutes ago, thebigweave said:

Good question, forgot about that part of it. It would be 32 for that week. Each week a bonus is given for offering a scholarship.
Week 1 - 15
Week 2 - 13
Week 3 - 11
Week 4 - 9
Week 5 - 7
Week 6 - 5
Week 7 - 3
Week 8 - 1
This is only a one time bonus the first time you offer a scholly.

So offer everyone week one? I'm confused.

So offer everyone week one? I'm confused.

You get a bigger bonus for it, yes. Not necessarily everyone, but definitely the guys you plan on maxing, and probably your top 3-5 after that at the very least. Doing that ensures you stay at or near the top on the players that will most likely be maxed by multiple players, and can hopefully get you an advantage on some of the players in your net.

I usually try to max 3 guys and spread the last 17 RPs between 8-12 other players. Offer 6-8 scholly's during the first week, and bank the last few in case I have to back off my maxes or I come across another player I like. A lot of it depends on how much others are recruiting the same players as you, and whether you need to invest a lot of your resources in these players or if you can slow play them if nobody else is high on them.

****EDIT: Looks like kmoney changed how the bonus RPs work. If you spend at least one RP on a player, you get the bonus RPs for the week. Under the old system you had to offer a scholly to gain them. Sorry for the confusion.