Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

It's what the computer set and it won't let me change it. Everytime I try it just goes back.

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Have you tried to pm kmoney about it?

Ok.  Still learning here ... why not change the 'Shoot' and 'Shoot 3' all to 9s for all players.  What am I missing?

That would basically give every player the green light to pull up once they cross half court. If that's how you feel they should play, by all means go ahead lol. The numbers basically control how often a player looks to shoot and the types of shots a player may look to take.

That would basically give every player the green light to pull up once they cross half court. If that's how you feel they should play, by all means go ahead lol. The numbers basically control how often a player looks to shoot and the types of shots a player may look to take.

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks. I won't be doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's what the computer set and it won't let me change it. Everytime I try it just goes back.

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

I had same issue at first. Which "save" tab are you using? There are two on that screen. To update your players you have to use one at bottom of screen. The one up top is for pace of play, defense, and shooting 3's.

Edit: My defense may say good on most players, but it is worse than a Crean coached defense. I shot 57% from the field and lost by 8 while shooting 6 3's.

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think practices are Saturday's. Not sure if results are seen immediately or how long they take to accumulate.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah I'm interested to see how a player improves over time. If it's mimicking real life, small improvements during the season with noticeable improvement during the offseason. At least I'm hoping. Otherwise I'll be a gutter team then next few seasons after my seniors graduate and while i figure out recruiting.

Yeah I'm interested to see how a player improves over time. If it's mimicking real life, small improvements during the season with noticeable improvement during the offseason. At least I'm hoping. Otherwise I'll be a gutter team then next few seasons after my seniors graduate and while i figure out recruiting.

Yeah, me too. I won my first exhibition but my +\- is garbage. I have a decent Freshman class but it may be a long 2-4 seasons for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol my exhibition game today is against the top incoming freshman class. They have two studs and both played very well their first game.

I changed up my lineup and switched from man to zone to see what happens. Interested to see how dramatically these settings impact play.

Anyone understand how benefits from Practice are derived? Where are the benefits actually realized?

I think practices are Saturday's. Not sure if results are seen immediately or how long they take to accumulate.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This is one of the big things kmoney made a change to versus how it worked in the old game. Formerly, you could set different practices during the season, but the only time players received attribute bumps was at the end if season rollover. Even then, they were random at best. From what I gather now, both team and individual practices will have a slight impact ar the end of each week, with the bigger gains coming from the individual workouts or practices. He has also stated that playing time is also a factor in receiving gains, with the players who are playing more minutes getting the larger gains in their skills.

I changed up my lineup and switched from man to zone to see what happens. Interested to see how dramatically these settings impact play.

Me too. I have a decent team really. Offensively I was real good. Defensively my team sucked, and I am pretty much good across the board. Hopefully practice works

Lol my exhibition game today is against the top incoming freshman class. They have two studs and both played very well their first game.

Good luck! The team I'm playing has 8 players 6'5" or taller. Expecting to get outrebounded again. Just hope our defense stays at a high level and the tweaks to shooting numbers work out in our favor.
They haven't done any updating on pending recruiting stuff since last game. Not sure how often that gets adjusted either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pending recruiting actions are updated at the same time games are ran, so they're only processed 3 times a week as well.

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Me too. I have a decent team really. Offensively I was real good. Defensively my team sucked, and I am pretty much good across the board. Hopefully practice works emoji23.png

Yeah my offense was run well by my PG and my SG did all the scoring. Whole team rebounded well surprisingly given my size. Defensively, man resulted in the opposing team shooting very well, but it's hard to tell after one game if they were just a good shooting team or not. I think my team may not be deep enough in defensive skill and athletic ability to execute man well.