Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

22 minutes ago, thebigweave said:

And is very frustrating, at that. In oDTL, if you had top notch defense and athleticism, you could overcome the lack of height by playing your tactics right. Now, it feels as though height trumps all, regardless of skill.

From my experience, yes. As long as you have offered them a scholly and are the RP, they should commit to your school. I suppose there is always the chance that their preferences line up better with another school that has room for them with lesser RPs that could possibly land them, but I have never seen or heard anyone talk about losing a clear lead before.

Gotcha. Well, should be interesting. Are there any more recruiting weeks after this?

How do you guys know if you are leading? I maxed out two of the top 20 guys from beginning. On the right I see my school listed with others. Does that mean I am close?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How do you guys know if you are leading? I maxed out two of the top 20 guys from beginning. On the right I see my school listed with others. Does that mean I am close?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

it'll tell you how many are within 3. If your player is maxed (I believe 83) it's safe to assume most of those within 3 are also maxed. In that case, it's a tie and tiebreaker is decided by preference.

If no one is within 3 you lead.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

it'll tell you how many are within 3. If your player is maxed (I believe 83) it's safe to assume most of those within 3 are also maxed. In that case, it's a tie and tiebreaker is decided by preference.

If no one is within 3 you lead.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Right now I am in on Bryan Vawter and Logan Jones. Their biggest preference is winning. I have 8 wins right now. Need to play well down the stretch. Wonder if regular season is more important or tournament. I will be favored in next few games and conference tourney. On both being local and impact really isn't anything.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Right now I am in on Bryan Vawter and Logan Jones. Their biggest preference is winning. I have 8 wins right now. Need to play well down the stretch. Wonder if regular season is more important or tournament. I will be favored in next few games and conference tourney. On both being local and impact really isn't anything.

Was on Vawter for a while until I realized that my team wasn't going to be winning at the level their skills indicated they should be. My recruiting is a mess because of it, as I targeted mainly guys who wanted to play for a winner at the start (after being 3 good teams in exhibition, I assumed we would be having a solid year). Now I'm stuck with only having one clear lead and a bunch of guys I'm behind on and not making up much ground. As far as regular season vs tournament success: Making the NTT is everything. If you make it but lose all 6 games, you're still viewed as being more successful than winning the next tier tournament because you made it to the big stage. Solid regular season play generally leads to an NTT berth, so it's all tied together, but a solid conf tourney run can seal the deal for you getting in, as I believe the auto bid goes to the conf tourney winner.

26 minutes ago, thebigweave said:

Was on Vawter for a while until I realized that my team wasn't going to be winning at the level their skills indicated they should be. My recruiting is a mess because of it, as I targeted mainly guys who wanted to play for a winner at the start (after being 3 good teams in exhibition, I assumed we would be having a solid year). Now I'm stuck with only having one clear lead and a bunch of guys I'm behind on and not making up much ground. As far as regular season vs tournament success: Making the NTT is everything. If you make it but lose all 6 games, you're still viewed as being more successful than winning the next tier tournament because you made it to the big stage. Solid regular season play generally leads to an NTT berth, so it's all tied together, but a solid conf tourney run can seal the deal for you getting in, as I believe the auto bid goes to the conf tourney winner.

How many teams get in to the NTT?

Good deal. My I should win next two games (both games against teams in 190s). Then the conference tourney. I am the top team in my conference. I should rack up a few more wins. Worth rolling the dice on for top talent.