Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm 2-0 with 200+ ranked recruits. Won 65-46. Hoping whatever is working continues.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

LOL me too. Too bad these don't count. I fully expect like an 0-5 start when they matter because...life. 88-77. One interesting thing is my boy, John Ensley, is my 6'6 PG. Through two games the opposing PG has a total of 7 pts. 5, then 2 today.

I'm always trying to find trends and in a simulation engine, there are sure to be plenty to exploit. It's early, he may give up 45 next game but just something to think about.

We won our final exhibition game 95-67 behind our 3rd different lineup. I was curious to see how the team would perform with all three seniors of a 22nd ranked recruiting class starting, and the final senior I inserted into the starting lineup (a 5'10" PG, no less....:103:) responded with 12pts, 7ast, and only 1 TO. Granted, this game was against a poorly ranked team, but this will be our lineup moving forward into the season. We actually out rebounded our opponent for the first time, and still kept TO's under double figures even while playing a fast pace. Looking forward to getting into the regular season to see how we stack up now that the games count.

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any way to read practice results?  

No, there isn't any physical data that shows attribute gains. From what I gather, it's also rare to see attribute bumps during the season. However, the players are still working on these attributes and their gains should be evident by the increase in their stats.

Time for the first beat down of the season, my opening game is brutal.

EDIT: Lost to the Durham Deacon Blues. Much better team. My offense was really solid, and lot of steals and blocks, but other offenses are just lighting me up. Been playing man, tried zone saw no improvement, sticking with man. Gonna be a long season.